Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Your Go To Fast and Easy Dinners
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 10:58 pm
What are your go to fast and easy dinners? Big plus if you can share those recipes too Wink

Rutabaga

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:08 pm
This one is really fast because you cook the pasta in the sauce. It's a favorite for Thursday nights in my house because it only makes one pot dirty and doesn't require an oven. It helps that my kids all happily eat it despite the veggies.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/it.....rpot/

lk1234

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:10 pm
Very picky eaters here:

Basic chicken
baby potatoes
chicken thighs on top
1/2 cup duck sauce
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
Throw in oven for 2 hours
Boom!

shnitzel with rice and vermicelli

leftover chicken soup with tons of chicken

macaroni and cheese (throw in a hunk of butter and shredded cheese)

hamburgers or hot dogs and buns

minute steak with sweet potatoes and duck sauce- put all ingredients in pan and cook for 2.5 hours

french toast

salt and pepper chicken cutlets, fry and pour on a sauce. Slice and put in a salad with a side of roast potatoes

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:12 pm
Thanx! That recipe looks great, but do you need a Wonderpot for it? I don’t know what this is..??

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:13 pm
Chili — sauté onions and garlic, add ground meat and mix until cooked through, add canned black and pinto beans, tomato sauce, hot peppers and cook half hour

Chickpea pasta and marinara sauce

Rutabaga

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:20 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Thanx! That recipe looks great, but do you need a Wonderpot for it? I don’t know what this is..??

No, just a regular pot.

I forgot to mention that I saute the onion and garlic for a little extra flavor since I add some water and use a full 1 lb box of noodles instead of 12 oz and a whole bag of spinach.

elisheva25

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:23 pm
I did this for this Shabbos…. but did add more spices on chicken , as well as onion soup mix and oil
Super easy !
http://www.happilyhectic.com/2.....-true

elisheva25

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:26 pm
Put salmon pieces on baking pan w/ parchment paper
Cover with lemon juice
Sprinkle generously with either TJ Chile/Lime spice OR Costco Cedar plank salmon seasoning
Bake @425 for 28 min
As a side bake whole baked potatoes for 1.5 hrs @350

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:15 am
my kids love penne alla vodka, easiest supper out there...

put cooked pasta in a pot, add heavy cream and marinara sauce, salt. let it bubble together and your done!!
I try to serve it with homemade iced coffee and veggie platter.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:26 am
I have tons! every dinner I do is like this!
Almost all made in disposable aluminum pans.
I have an amazing easy meatball recipe, lmk if anyone wants it
I do one pan chicken and rice- 2 cups water to 1 cup rice and put chicken on top, season w garlic and salt. Baked covered.
I have an easy sesame noodles recipe that I’ve cooked in the same frying pan as sliced chicken breast. Lmk if you want the recipe.
Any sort of chicken on the bone- you can do bbq sauce or ketchup or combo brown sugar w soy sauce.
Sides can be rice (baked in the oven with the 2:1 water to rice ratio). Sweet potatoes with cinnamon on top. Roasted potatoes. Mashed potatoes. Spaghetti...
Veg can be roasted anything! Take a sheet pan, put foil, and throw on any frozen veg with some garlic and salt on 425.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:26 am
Chicken with potatoes/rice (one tray)
Chicken/hot dogs/burgers couscous that u make with hot water
Chili and tacos (I cheat and buy spicy pintos or chili beans and heat up, my kids dont like meat in it)
Bbq steak/chicken/burger etc and french fries/salad
Frozen falafel balls/ roasted eggplant/french fries/chummus/ israeli salad/pita (I make sometimes in beginning of the week so I can use all leftover shabbos dips)

shmosmom

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:32 am
Everyone has different definitions of fast and easy, for me it can be grilled cheese, omelets, one pan chicken and potatoes, depending what I have at home.
I actually find croc pot dinners easiest in a way, it requires pre planning but leaves my day free.
Dinner Done has lots of easy fast recipes as well.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:58 am
-Uncooked pasta, marinara sauce, cheese, water, place in oven for 1-1/2 hours and it's baked ziti!
-Broil/Bake Salmon, place caesar dressing on top of uncooked salmon, place in oven at 425 and serve with a side of broccoli, quinoa, pasta, salad, etc.
-Use store-bought pizza crust or pitas and add cheese and sauce for homemade pizza
-Buy store-bought falafel balls and pita, cut up veggies, assemble falafel pitas
-Cut up chicken cutlets, coat with egg, then dip in bread crumbs/pretzel crumbs and bake on baking sheet at 400 for 15-20 minutes and serve with side of broccoli, snap peas, etc.

Beingreal

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 5:30 am
Let's keep this going! I am looking for ideas like these !

elisheva25

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 6:13 am
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
I have tons! every dinner I do is like this!
Almost all made in disposable aluminum pans.
I have an amazing easy meatball recipe, lmk if anyone wants it
I do one pan chicken and rice- 2 cups water to 1 cup rice and put chicken on top, season w garlic and salt. Baked covered.
I have an easy sesame noodles recipe that I’ve cooked in the same frying pan as sliced chicken breast. Lmk if you want the recipe.
Any sort of chicken on the bone- you can do bbq sauce or ketchup or combo brown sugar w soy sauce.
Sides can be rice (baked in the oven with the 2:1 water to rice ratio). Sweet potatoes with cinnamon on top. Roasted potatoes. Mashed potatoes. Spaghetti...
Veg can be roasted anything! Take a sheet pan, put foil, and throw on any frozen veg with some garlic and salt on 425.

What’s the chicken lo mein recipe?

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 6:51 am
Stir-fry vegetables and tofu cubes over ramen noodles or rice.

Cheese omelets with salad and fruit

Individual broiled pita pizzas with mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes; Salad or mini cukes/red peppers.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 6:53 am
Shakshuka and corn on the cob. I use premade shakshuka sauce, but it's an easy meal even if you make your own.

Make rice, put out chopped vegetables, canned beans and chili beans, and tortilla wraps. Kids make their own burritos.

Pancakes and scrambled eggs with vegetables

Corn soup, carrot soup, sweet potato soup, potato soup. Same general recipe for all - boil vegetables (frozen corn, for the corn soup), add a chunk of frozen fried onions, and some salt and parve soup powder for flavor. When vegetables are soft, blend it down. Serve with sour cream and rice and/or croutons.

Chili. Canned beans, canned chili beans, canned corn, a bit of tomato sauce. Can add chicken or ground beef. Serve over rice or couscous.

(I have a rice cooker, so anything with rice is very easy)

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What are your go to fast and easy dinners? Big plus if you can share those recipes too Wink

Easy sloppy Joes: sauté an onion, Brown ground meat u til no longer pink, add can of Manwich sauce, some water, bring to boil, lower heat, cook 1 1/2 hrs, serve over pasta or rice.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:04 am
elisheva25 wrote:
What’s the chicken lo mein recipe?

The recipe is for sesame noodles. I’ve fried sliced chicken cutlets in water or oil and then added the sauce below and then added cooked spaghetti on top for a few min.

1 box spaghetti
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c sesame oil
1/4 c sugar
Sesame seeds

imachossid

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:26 am
Quesadillas
vegetable soup with grilled cheese
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics