Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ODA clinic

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:31 am
Does anyone know info about the ODA therapy clinic in Williamsburg? Are they good? Anyone know of a quality therapist there?
I'm looking into it because it is covered by my insurance.
I appreciate any info. Thanks

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:34 am
What kind of the therapy? OT, PT, ST, vision?

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:37 am
No. Therapy as in therapy for mental health issues.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:41 am
Didn't know they are in the line.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:42 am
I didn’t know they had social workers. I use pesach tikvah and they’re great.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:48 am
SafeAtLast wrote:
Didn't know they are in the line.

yep. It's about a year old. They have many social workers. I'm just hesitant to try any one of them before getting a good recommendation

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 4:34 pm
bump

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 5:07 pm
It's way more than a year old; I tried them quite a few years ago. The reason I left was mostly scheduling so I can't comment on the quality of care.

Stars

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 5:22 pm
seeker wrote:
It's way more than a year old; I tried them quite a few years ago. The reason I left was mostly scheduling so I can't comment on the quality of care.

They recently rebranded their therapy department so it’s possible this is a part of that. I do vaguely recall hearing something about social workers in the basement.

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 6:07 pm
OK, rebranding makes sense, just saying that ODA - the medical office network or whatever it is - has had a therapy department for a while. Sorry I have nothing actually helpful to add but I guess bumping the thread with chatter is functional...

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 6:32 pm
Yup it's definitely not new. I remember my mom taking me to play therapy there over 20 years ago! They did recently dedicate a larger area for therapy and might have expanded.

My experience in different clinics has been basically the same. Although most therapists are newish (some more than others) you can find both fantastic naturals and some who have no clue what they're doing. You need to be ready to give it a few tries and then switch therapists if it doesn't feel right. It's often a matter of trial and error but once you find the right one you can get great effective therapy without the financial stress of a private practice

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:13 pm
I saw a therapist there recently. I left because the therapist wasn't the right fit for me but its a professionally run place and I hear people are really happy there. The department is run by Akiva Perlman, he's awesome. I think its worth a try.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:30 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
Yup it's definitely not new. I remember my mom taking me to play therapy there over 20 years ago! They did recently dedicate a larger area for therapy and might have expanded.

My experience in different clinics has been basically the same. Although most therapists are newish (some more than others) you can find both fantastic naturals and some who have no clue what they're doing. You need to be ready to give it a few tries and then switch therapists if it doesn't feel right. It's often a matter of trial and error but once you find the right one you can get great effective therapy without the financial stress of a private practice

Same.

by the way that’s amazing that your mom took you to play therapy 20 years ago! It definitely wasn’t the world we’re in now, with all of the awareness and resources available.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries