Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Plant based or healthier restaurants Manhattan

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:20 am
Any suggestions for plant bases or healthier restaurants in Manhattan? Need to have a mainstream hescher.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:30 am
Nothing. You can get a salad at a regular restaurant

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:43 am
You can eat healthy at any decent restaurant.

As previous poster noted, all good restaurants have good salad options but you need to be careful of the dressing.

Also good restaurants will prepare their food to yiur specifications. I will order my vegetables steamed, have my fish grilled without oil or sauce. If the ingredients are good quality, you don’t need to disguise with sauces

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:50 am
Thanks. I do those things all the time. We will be visiting from OOT just thought there might be a more exciting option where I have tons of menu choices.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:54 am
Midtown Salad Spot within the Kosher in Midtown place - certified by OU
(edit - just saw your previous post, if you're looking for something with tons of options then this won't be so exciting lol it's pretty much only build your own salad bowls/wraps)

Sage Kitchen might also be good for you. Certified by the local Chabad.

Beyond Sushi and Thyme & Tonic are plant based but the hechsher is IKC which isn't accepted by everyone.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:18 pm
Willow Vegan Bistro on 8th Ave in Chelsea is amazing. IKC is the hechsher and I think they’re under the same ownership as the vegan sushi spot mentioned upthread.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:41 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
(edit - just saw your previous post, if you're looking for something with tons of options then this won't be so exciting lol it's pretty much only build your own salad bowls/wraps)

Beyond Sushi and Thyme & Tonic are plant based but the hechsher is IKC which isn't accepted by everyone.

Pretty sure sage kitchen is only takeout/catering now (covid loss)

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:20 pm
icedcoffee wrote:

Thank you!

I've been looking for something good but needs to be healthy due to health reasons, so not "healthy" iykwim. I just ordered lunch at the salad spot!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 6:21 pm
“My Most Favorite Food” on 72nd has some plant-based options, in addition to egg and dairy-based dishes.

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 6:57 pm
Pretty sure Dillers on the Lower East Side is vegan. They don't have a huge menu but it's a very cute little place. The main food as far as I know is Impossible Burger, and their specialty is fried pickles.

I remember hearing about another vegan place in the area but it's completely slipped my mind.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 7:00 pm
Thanks everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries