Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking into maayanot high school , teaneck, nj

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:05 am
Is anyone familiar with maayanot and how the girls are? Teachers? Principals? Is it warm?

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:19 am
It's a wonderful school and wants the best for its students. Full range of AP courses, academic and emotional support for girls who need it, great extracurriculars.

Where is your daughter now? What other schools are you considering? My daughter graduated a while ago, so I'm not your best resource. Definitely speak to current parents.

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 6:21 am
I have a daughter there, going into 11th grade.

Great school.

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 10:47 am
LOVE LOVE LOVE the school!
DD just graduated.
Amazing group of girls. There really is a sense of achdus.
The classes were great and the teachers available after class and happy to assist. They have 5 tracks for each class so they are really good about levels of learning. They have a ton of support and also AP/honor classes.
Love that so many of the teachers are Yoetzet Halacha. Such strong women who really believe in the MO model. The Gemara teachers are mostly women (warning, they take their Gemara class much more seriously than the rabbis in the Co-Ed high school that I went to where it was pretty much a blow-off class)
The teachers are young, frum women and true role models to the girls. They are warm and befriend the girls providing both academic and social/emotional support.
As seniors, they had a Senior seminar where they taught the girls basic car repair/oil change, balancing a checkbook, basic food prep, Halachic prenups, and other life skills.

I can go on and on and on.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 12:23 pm
It sounds great! Trying to find a good fit for our daughter who is bh very bright and needs a warm environment. Also has strong opinions which hopefully they will help her to develop into a productive leader and encourage her confidence.

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It sounds great! Trying to find a good fit for our daughter who is bh very bright and needs a warm environment. Also has strong opinions which hopefully they will help her to develop into a productive leader and encourage her confidence.

Do you want to PM me? I would be happy to share a phone number and we could speak.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics