Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Have you found a huge stash of chametz somewhere unexpected?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 8:57 pm
Tell us where and what it was!

(Mine was an opened bag of chocolate chip cookies in the the back of the spare bedroom closet. Rolling Eyes )

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:00 pm
My old roommate found a whole bag of oreos under her bed. She figured she fell asleep and they fell down the crack. Now me, I could never forget about a bag of cookies Smile

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:08 pm
Does one hamentash, under my bed, count too?

justanothermother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:08 pm
My 5yo filled his night table drawer with cheerios. He learned in school that you have to hide chametz, so he did.

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:13 pm
justanothermother wrote:
My 5yo filled his night table drawer with cheerios. He learned in school that you have to hide chametz, so he did.

The innocence. You gotta love it. LOL

justanothermother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:30 pm
boruchhashem wrote:
justanothermother wrote:

The innocence. You gotta love it. LOL

He's lucky he's so cute or it might have not ended well for him. LOL

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 10:31 pm
How about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches under the boys bed ---- on the first day of Pesach????

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 10:39 pm
Now that reminds me, I had one of those ready frozen dinners in my freezer. My father read the ingredients on the first day of pesach, and realized it had stuffing in there, made of bread. shock

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 10:47 pm
in the air conditioning vents on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 11:07 pm
oh, a couple of years ago.....

We always throw the Challah cover over the "fence" which separates the dining room from my office. On the Seder day we found the cover still there!!

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 11:16 pm
My sister's workmate's dh found a slice of breaded flounder fish in one of the kids' bedroom draws during his bedikas chometz search, one year shock .

Squash

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 11:18 pm
so horrifying - we found super snackes in the recliner. right after pesach. embarrassed

yitta25

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 12:11 am
I was in Florida last year for Pesach with our grandparents. In the middle of the seder, my grandmother ran out of the dining room screaming "She forgot to get rid of the vacuum cleaner bags".

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 1:12 am
one year, when erev Peach was on SHabbos, like this year, we found the bedikas chametz p'titim in their original bag on the 1st day of chol hamoed. Someone forgot to burn them on Erev Shabbos!

cookielady

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 1:19 am
When we were first married, my dh was doing bedikas chometz with my father. My dh was looking in the closet in my little brothers room (who was about 6 at the time.) MY dh saw his back pack there, and decided to look inside. Imagine his suprise that it was filled with cheerios! while he was standing there, trying to figure out what to do with it, the candle lit some papers in the closet on fire. BH, he put out the fire, but it was defintely memorable!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 10:45 am
no, but we're always hopeful !!!!!!!

louche

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 8:04 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
no, but we're always hopeful !!!!!!!

I hear ya. We're down to about a cup or less of each of 3 or 4 kinds of grain products (cereal, barley, rice, etc.) besides what's in the freezer for shabbos. We could end up schnorring a slice of bread from a neighbor for bedikat chametz!

Tehilla

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 9:01 pm
well..there was a slice of dried challah neatly tucked inside of a shoe. appropriate place, don't you think?

ESB

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 11:43 pm
I once found a super snack in my bag. I felt so guilty that you cant imagine. embarrassed

GAMZu

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 11:54 pm
It didn't happen to me (B"H B"H B"H) but someone told me that the morning of bedikas chometz they had a bag of chometz standing in the corner of her kitchen.
She came in to see her toddler grabbing handfuls of flour and throwing confetti all over the kitchen! shock
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics