Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Wyoming

Oif.Simchas.

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:26 am
Hi, anyone been for an extended weekend to Wyoming and have some info to share? Accommodations, activities! Thanks

tree of life

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:34 am
https://www.jewishwyoming.com/.....n.htm
Her name is raisy Mendelssohn
Really nice and makes food she charges but really yummy food enjoy your holiday

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:02 pm
I've been there twice, including for Shabbos. If it's still applicable feel free to post or PM me.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:11 pm
I’d love to hear details! Totally applicable

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:20 pm
contact chabad as always for best info

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:48 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I’d love to hear details! Totally applicable

What do you specifically want to know? For Shabbos, the only option is Chabad, run by the amazing Mendelsohn family. They recently moved to a place very close to the center of town, which can make for some enjoyable Shabbos walks. The downside is that lodging in Jackson Hole has recently gotten VERY expensive. They list several nearby hotel options on their website.

During the week, there's no need to stay in Jackson, though you certainly can. Most tourists visit Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, and often do activities like whitewater rafting, horseback riding, and hiking. It's a beautiful part of the country, and I'd highly recommend a visit.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:57 pm
Wow that no you so much! How much time needed to spend on a vacation there and what would you say are the most exotic fascinating special attractions and activities there?

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 12:39 pm
And I'd love to know how to keep the trip affordable and still fun Smile

doctorima

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 2:12 pm
As beautiful as Shabbos in Jackson is and as wonderful as the Mendelsohns are, most visitors only stay during the week. American and Jetblue both fly nonstop from NYC, so Sunday-Thursday is perfect to visit Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks and fit in 1-2 outdoor activities such as rafting, kayaking, fishing, and horseback riding.

If you don't need to be walking distance to Chabad for Shabbos, there are much cheaper lodging options, and if you play the point game, lodging can be free. The earlier you book, the more lodging options you'll have. Note that Jackson is a great base for Grand Teton NP and outdoor activities, but is too far from Yellowstone, which needs 2 days to see it properly, so I'd suggest flying into Jackson and staying there S-M, then moving to Yellowstone for T-W, and flying home Thursday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics