Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
UrgentDr Shai Pri-Paz (Cornell)or Dr Leslie Moroz (Columbia)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:16 pm
Has anyone heard of Dr Shai Pri-Paz (Cornell)or Dr Leslie Moroz (Columbia)?

I just got these 2 names from a referral agency for high risk obstetrics, but these names arent on Imamother.

Has anyone heard of them or used them?

tia

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:37 pm
Pri- Paz is a very good dr.

seafood

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Has anyone heard of Dr Shai Pri-Paz (Cornell)or Dr Leslie Moroz (Columbia)?

I just got these 2 names from a referral agency for high risk obstetrics, but these names arent on Imamother.

Has anyone heard of them or used them?

tia

Pripaz is good. He’s Israeli. Very thorough.
There are quite a few threads on here regarding him.
Cornell is also a great hospital to give birth in and the maternity wing is new.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:34 pm
sfisch wrote:
Pripaz is good. He’s Israeli. Very thorough.
There are quite a few threads on here regarding him.
Cornell is also a great hospital to give birth in and the maternity wing is new.

Thanks, I left out the hyphen and found many threads with his name.

Does he rush C-Sections?

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:12 pm
Another vote for Shai Pri Paz. He totally doesnt push for c-section. He was actually pro vbac for me but I ended up with a c section by choice.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:29 pm
Haven’t had any complicated situations bh thus far, but I like Dr Pri Paz. Thorough and competent. The hospital is also top notch.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:03 pm
Someone pointed out to me that Dr Pripaz is a one-man show pretty much, hes not part of a "team", and if hes on vacation, theres no regular person who fills in for him for deliveries.

So the doctor filling in for him, can be more competent or less competent.

Any opinions?

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone pointed out to me that Dr Pripaz is a one-man show pretty much, hes not part of a "team", and if hes on vacation, theres no regular person who fills in for him for deliveries.

So the doctor filling in for him, can be more competent or less competent.

Any opinions?

Not true. He is part of a team, you’re not guaranteed he’ll deliver unless he’s on call that day. If he’s not on call you’ll have another one of the doctors. I can’t remember how many doctors there are but at least 5. I’ve met two others (one delivered my baby) and been impressed with both.

This is a high risk practice in a very good hospital. I wouldn’t worry about the doctors on the team not being competent enough.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:19 pm
Another vote for PriPaz!!! He was amazing bh didn't have any major complications though. But he was very on top of everything. I liked that he saw me each appt and did every ultrasound. It's a top notch practice. I had another doctor there for delivery and was equally impressed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:24 pm
Thanks all!

Someone from one of the T O P Chesed organizations just told me Dr Pripaz is a one man operation and isnt part of a team. So when Dr Pripaz is on vacation there are different doctors who deliver instead of him.

This is puzzling.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all!

Someone from one of the T O P Chesed organizations just told me Dr Pripaz is a one man operation and isnt part of a team. So when Dr Pripaz is on vacation there are different doctors who deliver instead of him.

This is puzzling.

That’s standard practice in a team though? Do they mean that there isn’t one specific doctor who replaces him? That’s true. It could be anyone from the team. And you’re liable not to get him even if he’s not on vacation. I had a baby two years ago, unless something has changed (and I’m seeing him again now, and no one has told me otherwise), I don’t know how that that information is accurate. You can always call the office and ask for details.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:49 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
That’s standard practice in a team though? Do they mean that there isn’t one specific doctor who replaces him? That’s true. It could be anyone from the team. And you’re liable not to get him even if he’s not on vacation. I had a baby two years ago, unless something has changed (and I’m seeing him again now, and no one has told me otherwise), I don’t know how that that information is accurate. You can always call the office and ask for details.

The person from the top organization told me that Pripaz is not part of a team. I got the impression that Dr Pripaz makes arrangements when he needs to be covered, and you dont know who this might be, its different outsiders.

I guess the person I spoke to doesnt know?

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The person from the top organization told me that Pripaz is not part of a team. I got the impression that Dr Pripaz makes arrangements when he needs to be covered, and you dont know who this might be, its different outsiders.

I guess the person I spoke to doesnt know?

That’s what I would think.
I’ve spoken to him personally about this, you could get any of the doctors on the team who are on call. But you do almost always see your own doctor for visits, I only once saw someone else. Maybe they function as a team for deliveries and not for appointments?

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:57 pm
I was using another dr in Cornell throughout my pregnancy but when I had to deliver pripaz was on call. He definitely rushed to do a csection and had students stitch me up (I didn’t know I can request non students as it was my first) which ended badly.
After my birth I spoke to a few ppl and they all used him and he pushed for csection just something to be aware of!!!

But the hospital is amazing

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 3:13 pm
Which insurance does pripaz accept? How about out of pocket pay?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 5:43 pm
Call office and find out.

I had oxford freedom with him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries