Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Questions!!!

chayitty

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:48 pm
im taking pic of frames and alot of the frames r clear plastic I keep getting glare. I tried closing the light...I have an external flash and would love if someone can help me get these shots...tonight!!..anyone?? any ideas would be greatly appricated

mom7270

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:52 pm
judy f- 347-254-8033 call her

chayitty

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:53 pm
right ...uhhu ..im sure shes willing to help me...seriously ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mom7270

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:54 pm
oh seriously??? oh sorry, I dont do that LOL

chayitty

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:58 pm
as long as u can admit it!!...ha....as long as u made me laugh while im pulling my hear out ....and thats pretty hard wearing a snood and all!!!
my dh got this job for me....so not ready cuz I dont have proper equip.....and wateva I do have I barely know how to use!!!.....who would think people r so much easier to photograph then pic. frames....I mean for heavens sake theyre pic. frames they should photograph themselves!!!

mom7270

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:01 am
well... once you claim to be a professional in a specific area you really should know how to do all it entails..... but I cannot offer you any ideas other than my sarcasm

chayitty

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:03 am
I dont claim to be a pro....im claiming to be learning!!!...oy

GAMZu

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:18 am
Try turning them away from the light. If you don't see the light in the preview, it won't be on the camera.

The external flash... Position it so that it shouldn't be shining directly on the frames. Or else take the pics in natural light tomorrow.

chayitty

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:20 am
the only way for the light not to shine on the object is closing the light which is fine but if I turn the flash away will it wtill light up enough for there to be light in the pic....oh I wish I would have a reflector to bounce the light off...ok im gonna try some stuff thanx gamzu

chayitty

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:42 am
k..I reazlize this pic is both under and over exp....but I love the way it came out!!!!

GAMZu

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:57 am
OK, now I see why there is a glare- the entire frame is clear! I thought you meant the glass part the covers the pic. Yeah, this frame will catch light from anywhere, it's a prism!

chayitty

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 1:04 am
when the lights r completly off they dont glare as much...but its pretty dark!!!

oh and they need it tom....so cant do it in daylight!!

Love My Babes

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 2:00 am
daylight could be 7 am too you know! lol

Love My Babes

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 2:01 am
actually I turn off the flash when I take such pics. I use the light in the room as the light for the picture. I actually have so many pics that come out better without flash.

chayitty

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 2:06 am
the light in the room is to strong.....and my dh leaves to work at 7-7:30....so that not good....its fine im to tired to try anymore...some of them r dark but its going to a graphic artist anyhow so he can try and touch em up....besides I told them ill try and see wat I can do so if they like any they can have em if not..not....also lots of the frames r scratched so....
thanx for ur help though

su7kids

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 2:29 am
Does it have to have a white background? Can you drape a sheet of another color behind it?

Do it with NO flash, and try the MACRO setting on the digital camera.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:48 am
I was going to suggest the same thing.. no flash and using the macro setting. but use a tripod if you can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art