Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Doing laundry?

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 3:44 pm
is my toddler the only one who puts clean laundry in the hamper and dirty laundry in the drawers? please tell me "no"....

zuncompany

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 4:04 pm
my toddler does the same. He also likes to mix the warms and the colds and makes his tatti nuts!
Sara

proudmom

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 4:18 pm
my toddlers do the same thing, and they also do the right way too

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 9:05 pm
Proudmom
Quote:
my toddlers do the same thing, and they also do the right way too

Ditto yet again Surprised

micki

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 9:47 pm
I once washed and ironed and folded put awya a basket of baby clothes that were too small. in the machine I threw my hubbies clothes that needed to be disinfected. I come down cause I heard a thumping sound from the washer. my toddler threw the whole bucket of beautifully ironed clothes in together with the gross ones to be disinfected...
I had a lot of sorting out to do!!! ansd a heck of alot more laundry.

curlyhead

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 4:08 am
My toddler dumps out the laundry and climbs ontop of the hamper to get on the beds or too reach something on the dresser

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 12:00 am
they're smart, aren't they?

teach them to put their things away - I was surprised, but my kids actually enjoy it - and it might satisfy their desire to paly w/ other laundry.

Chanie

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 10:59 am
thank G-d, I have not had this problem yet. I have enough laundry to do without redoing them all. My son loves doing laundry, but he always comes to ask me if what he's holding goes in the hamper or washing machine... and he understands that the clothes that are foldeed are clean already.

Rivka

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 3:34 pm
I don't really have the problem of him putting the clean laundry in with the dirty, but he thinks that laundry basket is a great place for toys.
What he does do is if I have luandry hanging he takes it off and eats it.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 4:01 pm
Quote:
What he does do is if I have luandry hanging he takes it off and eats it

8) cool way to feed your kid LOL

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Nov 28 2004, 8:17 pm
to my great surprise, my 5 yr old & 3.5 yr old had the best time Erev Shabbos taking linens off the beds!!! Now it will be their job.

They did need some help w/ pillows, but they had so much fun, I wished I had more beds to stip
(but not more linens to wash Wink )

When I have a tast that owerwhelmes me, I try to find a way to 'dump' a prat of it onto my kids.

They even put away my dh's socks!!

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 28 2004, 9:00 pm
oh dont mention socks, please... every day somehow every single sock ends up in the hamper... you know who's doing "laundry" again...

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 28 2004, 9:22 pm
As far as socks are concerned, I buy or dye all the males in my house socks black. So now they are the same color, and they always match, and never look dirty Twisted Evil ... as far as sizing ..... well my kids try to match sizing but don't always succeed embarrassed but atleast they never wear odd socks Very Happy

Post Mon, Nov 29 2004, 1:39 pm
My daughter has found a fun game of dumping over the hamper, emptying everything out and climbing inside. This morning, she was playing in my room and came to me in the kitchen with one of my pairs of underwear around her neck like a necklace! (At least it was a clean pair Wink )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics