Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Turks and Caicos

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 11:35 pm
Has anyone ever been? Looking for hotel recommendations. We’d love a villa with a private pool but can’t seem to find one for a reasonable price. Anyone stayed there and can tell me which hotels they liked or disliked?

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 12:01 am
I've been - one of the best vacations I've ever gone on! We stayed in a villa with a private pool. It wasn't cheap, but hotels there also aren't cheap. What's your budget? Feel free to PM me for more details.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:27 am
doctorima wrote:
I've been - one of the best vacations I've ever gone on! We stayed in a villa with a private pool. It wasn't cheap, but hotels there also aren't cheap. What's your budget? Feel free to PM me for more details.

Was the villa part of a hotel or just a private rental? If it was part of a hotel, can you please say which one?

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 11:03 am
Private rental from AirBNB or VRBO. Hotel rooms there are expensive enough; the few that have private villas charge an absolute fortune for them.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 12:50 pm
doctorima wrote:
Private rental from AirBNB or VRBO. Hotel rooms there are expensive enough; the few that have private villas charge an absolute fortune for them.

Thanks! I'm reluctant to do private rental especially in a foreign country. Maybe a specific tried and true one is different.

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:45 pm
I understand your hesitation, but if you rent one with lots of consistent and recent (very important!) positive reviews, and you rent through a company like AirBNB or VRBO and use a good credit card like American Express, I'd feel comfortable doing it. Maybe we got lucky, but we had a wonderful experience and would definitely do it again.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 5:20 pm
doctorima wrote:
I understand your hesitation, but if you rent one with lots of consistent and recent (very important!) positive reviews, and you rent through a company like AirBNB or VRBO and use a good credit card like American Express, I'd feel comfortable doing it. Maybe we got lucky, but we had a wonderful experience and would definitely do it again.

Thanks

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:07 pm
Is there a minyan here?
And is there a shmiras einayim challenge here?

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:23 pm
There's a Chabad there - jewishtci.com - that I believe has minyan on Shabbos and during the week when there are enough tourists. I went before it opened so no personal experience with them. There are definitely the same shmiras einayim issues you'll have when going to any beach environment.

Fortunately the island isn't overrun and there are miles of seashore, so with a bit of planning and persistence, we were able to find our own private beach area. We also stayed on the quieter south side of the island, whereas almost all tourists stay in the large hotels and resorts on the more developed north side (Grace Bay Beach).

For more info on visiting T&C as a frum tourist, I'd suggest checking out the Chabad site and also Dansdeals forums at https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....636.0

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:25 pm
We got our villa through an airbnb subsidiary, I think it's called Luxury villas or something like that. We were a 3 minute walk from the beach and went early morning and evening. The beaches were empty and absolutely beautiful.

There are no official minyanim, but I did hear that there is a chabad house there now. Food basics are very expensive there. We paid $8 for 2 cucumbers. We did find kosher wine in the liquor store so that was fun.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:43 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
Is there a minyan here?
And is there a shmiras einayim challenge here?

It’s a Caribbean island known for its beaches! Of course there will be an issue with shmiras eynayim!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics