Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Interesting things that happened at your wedding

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 5:01 pm
So our chuppah was interesting lol. When my husband came to the chuppah all the men from my chosson’s side sang mi adir al hakol and a kallah niggun then when I came in one man sang out loud bruchoh haboh, then the two men from my side sang mi bon siach by themselves in a litvish accent 😂 in a harmony.

There was no background music but I would’ve loved it haha.

Then the Rav was going to put the glass down so my husband can stomp on it, and one of the men stopped him! So the Rav motioned “okay” with his hand and stepped back and you can literally see “what’s going on here” on everyone’s faces.
The two men started to sing im eshkachech (which is not done in chasidish weddings) and right when the song starts building up the men joined in. Even without the piano or violin or anything it sounded beautiful.

From what I was told by some people who were at my wedding my non Jewish great aunt who flew in from Mexico cried during that song.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 5:06 pm
This is 100% going to give me away if anyone knows me, so shh.

I'm a BT from a traditional music background. By my wedding, we had contra dancing. (Similar to square dancing...done in long lines...)

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 5:23 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

I'm a BT from a traditional music background. By my wedding, we had contra dancing. (Similar to square dancing...done in long lines...)

I love contra dancing!

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 5:24 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I love contra dancing!

Yesss I knew I liked you. English country dancing is great too, in a more complex and elegant way! (For all of you Jane Austen fans, that's whey showed in the movies.)

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 5:27 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

Wow that sounds awesome!!!

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 5:28 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Wow that sounds awesome!!!

It was so fun!! We had a married couple calling the dance on separate sides of the mechitza. The women did ok, I heard that the men never really figured it out but they had a great time anyway!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics