Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Plus Size Long Shabbos Skirt- where to find???

amother

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 7:32 pm
Now that I had my baby- My maternity clothes are baruch hashem way too big. However, I do not fit into my pre-pregnancy clothing. I am managing with my good old slinky skirt and 2-3 tops. But I need something to wear for yom tov!!! I dont want to go buy a whole new wardrobe now, I hope to lose weight fast- but I need something to get me through y''t. I also do not fit into my pantihose and am already in the bigest size of that brand so I all I want is a long shabbos skirt (so I can wear knee-high pantihose) - I will probably need like a size 20 or 22, and 2 simple tops that can pass for yom tov. Where can I find that in the brooklyn area? Tomorow (Sunday) is my only day to shop before yom tov- so please reply quickly!!
TIA.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 7:58 pm
Try Lane Bryant and AShley Stewart. They are regular plus size stores but they have long skirts. I got a great one that I think they have online at LB

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 10:07 am
elzee. you could buy a black suit for cheap and then accessorize differently every time you wear it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 10:33 am
lane bryant ... or even macy's women's dept ... not sure about ny but here in marshall's they have women's size clothing as well ... good luck !!!

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 10:43 am
I, too, just had a baby...I share your dilemma!
I discovered an online source: www.onestopplus.com...I was amazed at how affordable, yet stylish, their options are! Shop TODAY and have it shipped EXPRESS...you'll be beautiful, confident, and glowing!

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 10:47 am
I wore my maternity panty hose for ever....basically, until they wore out... Smile

Lane Bryant has some cute skirts now, but I wouldn't even try figuring out how to work the current stock of shirts.... the skirts I noticed were NOT "long"....they were a tznius length (below the knee), but I didn't notice any to the ankle...

I had good luck there in the autumn--dark colors, long, tznius skirts with no slits!, and tops that at least had long sleeves so I had something to work with....(only having to fill in the top, which is easier for me than trying to get long sleeve t shirts to fix sleeve lengths...)

IYH I'll be out of Lane Bryant soon...If I follow my pesach mesorah of losing weight! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics