Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cooking for the seders
1  2  Next

If you are making the seder, are you doing all the cooking yourself?
Yes -- both seders.  
 65%  [ 32 ]
Yes, for one seder.  
 24%  [ 12 ]
A relative is helping me at home.  
 6%  [ 3 ]
Relatives are bringing food.  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I am buying some prepared food.  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 49

poemmom

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 11:03 pm
When did you/will you finish kashering the kitchen and start cooking for the seders?
Are you doing all the cooking yourself?

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 11:32 pm
Not eating home any of the sedarim, but eating home the seudos. IYh kashering monday night, shopping on tuesday, cooking on Wed & Thurs

Carefulmom

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 12:01 am
I plan IY"H to kasher Monday night. Just finished fridge and I'm zonked.

mom7270

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 12:26 am
not really eating home any sedorim or meals, but I am covering and kashering so I can have the option of cooking if I need to.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 2:52 am
We are all kashered, as of half an hr before Shabbos. Tomorrow we are going to wal mart to buy everything we are going to need, appliances and stuff. and monday we'll do most of the shopping 4 foods.
My mother is coming in on Tuesday to help "cook" but I know it's not really going to be that way cuz I can't stand cooking when other people are in the kitchen. The kitchen is mine and if anyone enters then I have to leave. I'm fine if it's just me and very loud music!
My parents are coming in on Thursday night to stay and my brother and his wife are coming on Friday morning.
I am cooking 4 both sedarim but only attending one of them. my husband and I were invited to my inlaws so the two of u are going while my parents have their own seder across the street with my bro and his inlaws!

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 2:57 am
Finished kashering now. Will have my backsplash grouted tomorrow, iy'h. Am hoping to do my last minute finishes tomorrow, plus food shopping. Then last minute shopping too. Would like to start cooking, and baking on Tuesday, or Wednesday, iy'h. Still gotta do the few hems, some pockets, etc. Hope my girls will help.

grin

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 3:49 am
I'm assuming that my kids are considered relatives!!

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 5:26 am
I'm in Israel so I only have one seder. We're hosting it for the first time and I'm looking forward to it.

drumjj

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:32 am
I want to finish so I can cook starting first thing wednesday how can u just eat pesach foods for a week before pesach it adds another week to ur pesach

freidasima

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:40 am
Same as Yesha, only one seder and I am doing it myself.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 3:03 pm
I don't find the cooking to be a big deal. after all that matza and wine, we're not that hungry.

At any rate, the dishes come out Tues night, IYH.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 3:07 pm
for the sedarim themselves we just cook a typical friday night meal: fish, chicken soup, chicken, kugel, salad, fruit compote.

louche

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 8:34 pm
For the first time in my life we're invited out for one seder. (Parents and siblings don't count as "out"). I'm looking forward to seeing how someone else does the seder, as our entire family, in-laws included, does things pretty much the same way.

We're doing the other seder and I'm doing all the cooking for it. B"H my kids are old enough to take out the trash, bring clothes to the cleaners, run to grocery for another dozen eggs or box of matzah meal...No matter how carefully I record how much of each product I used last year, each year is just a little different, and I always run short of something and have too much of something else.

bandcm

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 10:16 pm
I have a couple of maids helping - I'm expecting 135 people at last count for the first seder, and I suppose more will show up.
For the second seder it will be much less - probably about 25 people. And no, we haven't started cooking yet.
Hopefully will begin tomorrow morning.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 10:33 pm
bandcm.... holy friggin moly. Just affording to feed myself, my husband and my kids is driving me nuts. Pesach is expensive. Are you on shlichus? We don't even KNOW that many people. Everyone here has family in or is going to family---- we're the only ones we know with no frum family, so we usually get invited out but this year with young toddlers we're doing it ourselves just the 2 of us and if the cuties wake up for a bottle, they'll sit with us a bit. We're invited out for daytime meals, but for night, we decided to stay home this year. Since it's just us, I'm turning the kitchen over tomorrow morning (Thursday), and doing all the cooking Friday. VERY basic food.

Shopping is mostly done, and house is perfectly clean as of this afternoon.

Seraph

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 3:19 am
finishing to kasher the kitchen today.
grinded stuff for gefilte fish yesterday. cooking today and tomorrow

grin

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 3:45 am
bandcm - is that a Brazilian flag? Are you in Rio or S. Paulo?

bashinda

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 11:44 pm
last year and this year I've discovered an amazing thing: I already haven't been eating chometz. I'm either out with a stroller I don't want to get chometzdik or I'm not out which is most of the time. Hence, the last time I had chometz was Monday night. I'm not even missing it! I am missing the peppercorns and the garlic though! LOL

Hadassa Avra

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 11:49 pm
The kitchen was finished tonight. The cooking starts tomorrow. As we got invited out for all 3 lunches (YAY!) I don't really have to cook more than I would for a regular Shabbos.

mama-star

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 9:49 am
I agree with chocolate moose. I cook very simply for the sedarim. who can eat anything else with all the matzo and wine?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics