Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black tights with navy skirt?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 5:06 am
Can black tights be worn with a navy skirt? I have been wearing only black skirts because I’m not sure what to do. Thanks!

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 5:10 am
I’ve seen it done, doesn’t always work.
I try to get grey or navy tights.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 5:14 am
If you wear black booties with it then black tight look good with it

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 7:28 am
sure it goes, wear black shoes

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 7:51 am
I wouldn't wear a navy skirt in the winter for this reason. Summer with nudes only. Or if wearing to a wedding, nudes work as well even in winter.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:02 am
Navy tights

Beyla

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:21 am
Yes if the rest of your outfit is black it can look very stylish!!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:38 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Navy tights

That's what I would have said. But there was a thread about a month ago where many many amothers were definitively stating that navy tights are an absolute no go and it's completely out of fashion for years already and that the shades of navy never match and it's criminal...and so on...I've since placed away my navy skirts.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:20 am
Thank you for all the replies. I don’t think I could find the right shade of navy tights to match. I also try to avoid wearing a navy skirt in the winter, but some of my sweaters look better with a navy skirt than a black skirt

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:58 am
I's seeing teens and women wearing black tights with all color skirts. The only ones I see trying to match color are on little girls. Wear them happily - and who cares? Can't go wrong with basic black tights. Especially if your shoes or booties or boots are black. Then it looks fine for sure.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:49 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
That's what I would have said. But there was a thread about a month ago where many many amothers were definitively stating that navy tights are an absolute no go and it's completely out of fashion for years already and that the shades of navy never match and it's criminal...and so on...I've since placed away my navy skirts.

Haha I’m the OP of that thread and guess what. I’m still wearing navy tights 🤫

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
Haha I’m the OP of that thread and guess what. I’m still wearing navy tights 🤫

I wear black tights and navy skirt. I really don't care what you think of me. Fits me and looks normal maybe not stylish which I am not anyway

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:34 pm
Personally I would wear navy tights but a colored shoe (like maroon or red or green)

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:49 pm
Black tights and shoes are really fine with a navy skirt and sweater in the winter. In Lakewood it's all that's worn. Rarely will you see any other color tights worn nowadays. Maybe by a super daring fashionista. But a navy short Aline over black tights and loafers is seriously just fine. Wear your navy skirt with black tights and you'll look great and fit right in.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:33 pm
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:
I wear black tights and navy skirt. I really don't care what you think of me. Fits me and looks normal maybe not stylish which I am not anyway

My point was I don’t care that it’s not in style and that I do wear navy tights even after learning they’re not in style. You’re the one that’s in style lol

GetReal

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:05 pm
Gray tights.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:09 pm
GetReal wrote:
Gray tights.

I do grey tights as well with navy dress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics