Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What do you do with...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:44 pm
Trying to clear up clutter and need advice. What do you do with..
1. Birthday cards from my kids from the past 20 years. I love the notes they write and don't want to throw them out but it's a lot...
2. Letters and cards that I've given my DH and he's given me, many from when we were engaged...
3. Expired passports - do we legally have to keep these forever? My kids have dual citizenship so there are tons of them

TIA!

sari00

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:46 pm
In nice card boxes from amazing savings all stored in a big box in the attic... I don't throw out cards and sentimental stuff ...

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:49 pm
I definitely keep the cards.
As far passports, I keep the one most recently expired. I laborously cut up the older ones, as my shredder is not powerful enough to chew them up.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:52 pm
Passports: shred all but the latest one. The others are just clutter and no, you do not need to keep them, they're useless if you have a newer one. Unless of course you're someone famous in which case someone may make money auctioning off your stuff at Sotheby's after 120.
Cards, notes, letters: scan to a computer file.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:40 pm
Thank you for your replies!

gr82no

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:44 pm
Just a note about passports. I would save the current one and the previous one in case your current one gets lost or stolen.

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:47 pm
The cards will become even more precious with time.
Do not throw those out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics