Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
How to clean oil off menorah!!

Sunflower11

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:15 pm
Any ideas?? The oil dripped in the cups and it’s a huge mess

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:19 pm
Gmail wrote:
Any ideas?? The oil dripped in the cups and it’s a huge mess

Boiling water

Sunflower11

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:24 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Boiling water

Excuse my ignorance but do I pour boiling water on it in the sink? Submerge it in water? How exactly?
TIA!

lkwdmom2

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:25 pm
I washed it in hot water and the wax came off. Then I polished it and it doesn’t feel oily anymore. The glass cups are soaking in ammonia so the black washes right off

Living Princess

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:27 pm
Hot water and dishwashing liquid. Do it in a basin or bathroom sink. Fill it up with hot soap water and soak. Rinse and dry.

ra_mom

Place the menorah in the sink, or on a towel in the bathtub (so it doesn't scratch).

Rub some dish soap into the oily cups and then pour hot water over it all until there are no more soap suds.

zaq

Oil or wax? Dawn dishwashing liquid does a famous job on grease of all kinds. Use same way you'd use on dishes. It may take two or three cycles of lather-rinse to get all the grease off, or it may take just one, depending on what your menorah is made of.

Wax can be melted off or frozen and then chipped off. Melt over an old foil pan using a hot blow-dryer or boiling water. Do NOT send the wax-laden water down the drain unless you know a plumber who owes you a big favor. The wax will solidify as it cools, cling to the pipes like barnacles on the hull of a ship, and eventually cause a major blockage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars