Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Any tricks to Pesachdik chicken soup?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 11:00 am
oh, and those delicious noodles dont hurt too!! LOL

bashinda

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 11:09 am
well I put a spanish onion diced and fried it and slowly added in the rest of the vegis, the water and will let it come to a boil and add salt and chicken. It smells pretty yummy actually.

B&TB: egg lokshen are a soup saver!

mom7270

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 11:10 am
I cook the soup like I always would, minus the garlic and celery and I make the egg noodles of course and ground chicken knaidlech- my kids love them

red sea

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 12:56 pm
oh, ok, that makes sense now.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 1:03 pm
never got the hang of making anything soup accompaniament related for pesach.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 5:21 pm
knob celery, petrishke, onions, salt, chicken, carrots, squash-use these ingred and youll get a yummy soup

lamplighter

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 8:26 pm
celery root, lots of onions, and recook it with more veggies b4 serving....the following day if u like it "lighter" u can add some water, but u might have to add a bit of salt.

bashinda

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 8:37 pm
oh well obviously I really missed the boat on the celery root! I get it already okay? LOL

sleepless: what's a petrishke?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 8:59 pm
parsley

zigi

Post Fri, Apr 18 2008, 6:41 am
dh likes to add marror. horse raddish,

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 18 2008, 6:58 am
you can't use horseradfish as an ingredient in anythinguntil after the 2nd seder. I asked the rov.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Apr 21 2008, 9:09 am
bashinda wrote:
oh well obviously I really missed the boat on the celery root! I get it already okay? LOL

sleepless: what's a petrishke?
Parsnip. Looks like a white carrot but has a great rooty flavor.

mama-star

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 6:36 pm
CM, you fry an egg really flat and thin and then cut it into thin stips. voila! egg noodles!

as for what makes great pesach chicken soup, I say, LOTS of soup stock, 2 onions, and carrots, carrots, carrots.

su7kids

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 6:37 pm
How do you make egg drop? Isn't that something you can put into the soup?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 9:07 pm
Egg drop is slowly drizzling a raw scrambled egg into the boiling soup (it is important the soup be at a roiling boil).

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 7:11 am
[quote="mama-star"]CM, you fry an egg really flat and thin and then cut it into thin stips. voila! egg noodles![quote]

that's gonna taste mad eggy. not for us.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 9:38 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
mama-star wrote:
CM, you fry an egg really flat and thin and then cut it into thin stips. voila! egg noodles!

that's gonna taste mad eggy. not for us.
That is the staple of our pesach!!
It's not just eggs- it's also water and potato starch and salt. It comes out like blintzes/crepes.
I make some to stuff and some to roll up, slice up, and put into soup! No eggy taste.

The kids LOVE it as a snack. They eat it faster than I make it. Wink

SYV

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:56 pm
My all year round soup is easy peasy and fits your criteria. Most weeks, this is all we eat on Friday night (we are two adults and a toddler), there's normally about a third of it left, but if you eat a normal sized portion of this it is good for probably nearer to 10 people! Personally, I really love my chicken soup and think it is the best I've tasted (aside from my grandma's).

Start just before you go to bed on thursday night or early on Friday morning.

I get my biggest saucepan, peel three big onions (not spanish onions, just the larger sized ones out of the regular ones), put them in the saucepan. Peel, top and tail about 6-8 large carrots. Put them in the saucepan. Add a packet (1lb?) of chicken necks and a packet (1lb?) of chicken stomachs, or a recent variation is to put 6 turkey stomachs instead of the chicken stomachs which are absolutely delicious.

Fill the saucepan up the top with water. Bring to the boil, then put the lid on, keep it at a furious boil until Shabbos (make sure to top up the water just before Shabbos). I don't bother removing any scum or anything like that of the top, it just disappears on its own. If you don't like leaving the hob on for so long, you can do this in a slow cooker.

I really recommend trying this recipe.

Seraph

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 5:25 am
bashinda wrote:
Does anybody have any tried and true tricks for making tasty chicken soup? My soup is bland the first night and only decent the second night.

Maybe some of you will be Scratching Head at this question but I don't use dill, garlic or pepper which I normally use during the year to season my soup. I was told to put more onions in by somebody and I was thinking maybe I should put in fried onions.

This past shabbos, my soup had pumpkin, carrots, celery root, parsnip, zuchini, sweeet potato, onions, chicken, and a few peices of beef. Also salt and a drop of sugar. It was delish, and didnt have anything in it that even lubavitchers cant use for pesach.

Last edited by Seraph on Mon, Mar 23 2009, 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 5:34 am
generous amounts of onion, parsnip, sweet potato and carrots.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics