Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tender smiles dentist in freehold

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:41 pm
Does anyone experience with them? My daughter so nervous...my friend told me they tied her son down...?!

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:58 pm
I had an awful experience with them a few years ago. They did not allow parents in with the kids to the room and my son came out traumatized and crying. Of course I switched to another practice right away but I still feel horribly guilty thinking about this Crying Crying

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:10 pm
oh wow! because im at jackson pediatric but they referred my daughter to tender smiles cuz she wasnt so cooperative. Anyone else with any experiences?

benny

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:13 pm
I actually had a great experience with 2 different kids of mine. We got referred there bec they needed a lot of work and wouldn’t cooperate. My kids went there happily. The staff is great with kids. I actually found the no parents in the room thing to work well bec I think most of the drama was put on for me. The staff handled my kids well, gave prizes and kids were ok.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:15 pm
what do they do differently than a regular pediatric dentist? what about the tying them down thing? dont like the thought...

benny

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:22 pm
That’s a horrible thought. Didn’t have that experience. I think a big thing is they have laughing gas so can put the kids out a bit instead of giving local anesthetic.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:23 pm
my childs reg dentist does laughing gas also

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:24 pm
benny wrote:
That’s a horrible thought. Didn’t have that experience. I think a big thing is they have laughing gas so can put the kids out a bit instead of giving local anesthetic.

If it’s laughing gas she needs then just go to shore dental. Lots of recommendations on here for them. I use them and very happy. Great with kids

benny

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:26 pm
I don’t know. Mine doesn’t and that’s why they sent me there

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:32 pm
Laughing gas was not helpful...

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 11:41 pm
My neighbor used tender smiles. They have a drink that the kids can drink and it makes them woozy. More then laughing gas. Maybe that's why they sent you.

mom of three bh

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 12:50 am
terrible terrible terrible experience!!! I cannot say it enough times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics