Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Finding out the status of your drivers license (NY)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 3:47 pm
Does anyone know where online you can find out if you have points on your license or suspended license etc? I checked the DMV site and didnt find a link for checking your license status. Anyone know where I should go on the DMV site to find out? thanks.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 4:24 pm
I think you have to request a copy of your driving record from the dmv. you probably need to go personally, but call first before you spend the whole day on line. this information is not generally available online b/c then anyone could get this info from someone else's license.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 4:24 pm
how could you not know if you had points or a suspended license? I don't think that info should be avialable to the public anyway

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 4:26 pm
the driver's record should include date license was acquired plus accident's and violations since then. this is generally needed if you move out of state to get another license. ny insisted on it when I moved there temporarily & I needed my license changed over.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 5:13 pm
ah, okay so I'll ask for it by mail.

CM, my dh got 2 tickets this month which he forgot to take care of and it's past the deadlkine. I dont want him driving with a suspended license. Most of the time you dont know that your license was suspended until you get pulled over....

happyone

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 6:55 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

CM, my dh got 2 tickets this month which he forgot to take care of and it's past the deadlkine. I dont want him driving with a suspended license. Most of the time you dont know that your license was suspended until you get pulled over....

I was wondering if and when you started driving.

You answered my question here.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 7:09 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhhh

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 7:16 pm
yeah, I'll admit that I was scratching my head too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics