Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What was your most enjoyable Chol Homoed outing?
1  2  Next

mom of girls

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 1:02 am
Smile

dewyt

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 1:19 am
we stayed in some beautiful Villas in the poconos and went to the safari next to six flags which was wonderful.

losingweight

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:31 am
My kids couldn't get anough of the beach. They also enjoyed rowing at Clove Lakes Park, rides at Deno's and biking in Owl's Head park. B"H, we had a marvelous chol hamoed. Very Happy

trafficgal

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:54 am
white water rafting!!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:56 am
I'm just happy to shed my winter coat and do errands unencumbered. a friend had a baby and I enjoyed going to several stores, to choose a gift for her.

chaylizi

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:57 am
we went to a park one day with a picnic lunch. weather was great, everyone was calm & I got to relax for a whole afternoon.

happyone

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:59 am
just spending quality family time. My dh doesn't believe in the trip going -- so we do nothing major. It's nice though to have everyone home and get to go visit grandparents etc..

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 10:05 am
went to a beach yesterday with my kids and parents - DH had to work. Almost no one else there - just a few non jews and a few other frum families. 80 degrees, sunny and clear. Kids played in the sand and even swam in the water (a river beach, not the ocean, it really wasn't so cold). We had a huge picnic and the kids played some more. I sat in the shade and watched them. The location was gorgeous, the kids were happy, water and fresh air were so refreshing to me. I could have stayed there all day.

We all came home slightly tanned and exhausted. The kids conked out at 7:30 and slept for 12 hours straight!

rikismom

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 5:05 pm
We enjoyed a day at Bowcraft amusement park with the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins! It was nice to that most of us got together.
The next day we visited the Bronx zoo! What a zoo it was! The place was crowded with all kinds of people many not dressed very modestly. Aside from the children's zoo, you really couldn't get a close look at the animals since the place was sooooo mobbed, so we left. Yesterday we went to Central Park with family and had a great time. We just sat in the grass and had lunch, played ball, catch ..... It was the most relaxing day and most of all it was free!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 5:06 pm
happyone wrote:
My dh doesn't believe in the trip going.

right. dh's rosh yheshiva said that chol hamoed is for "extra learning inthehouse".

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 6:21 pm
astroland was awesome. but today I walked with ds just to the local rides and he loved it too!

BlumaG

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 6:34 pm
e/ day was fun
we luv finally being outside in the sun
1 we went ot the zoo
2 to visit cousins
3 to a state park to picnic n kids waded in thewater right b4 we left...

Seraph

Post Sat, Apr 26 2008, 2:52 pm
We went to ein gedi with my family! It was really enjoyable. I hadnt been there since I was 10!

We also went to the beach as a family. Also really enjoyable.

freidasima

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 8:57 am
To the supermarket with dh. No rush, also no food on shelves, oh well...but we had alone time...and it was near the house, air conditioned and not expensive!

mama-star

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 8:52 pm
I live in florida - so my vote goes to miami seaquarium.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 9:00 pm
We went to the beach one day and the other day we went to an old castle both days were really nice and the weather was great. Unfortunately the third day we went to the park and it started to rain so we were only there for about an hour.

ny21

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 10:00 pm
we went to the beach - my kids were brave and went into the cold water

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 8:57 pm
the sand on the beach for sure, it was perfect weather

Dandelion1

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 9:55 pm
The Botanical Gardens were so beautiful, everytime I'm there I wonder why not more often.

micki

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 9:07 am
we went fishing. my son caught 9 fish!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics