Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Storing pesach stuff

Seraph

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:31 am
where do you store your pesach things year round?

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:33 am
I have 1 cupboard and a microwave cart I store my things in.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 6:41 am
In the Machsan. I we bought nice (expensive) keter storage containers last time we made Pesach (before this year) which we plan to use for the next 20+ years to store our Pesach stuff.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 7:04 am
last year we bought a big keter cupboard with 5 shelves.. it made life so much easier than the boxes they were in.

I marked like eg shelf 1, milky, self 2 meaty, shelf 3 for other odds and ends like bowls kettle etc, 4 is for towels, tablelothes, machozorin, hagadas and games, and bottomis fort pots. I also store any not opened oil, pot starch etc for the following year.

what was great was that I only took out as I needed and it was also very easy for me to get to the dishes whilst they stayed in the cupboard.

the rest of stuff like toaster, food prcesser and stove sinks, etc went down to the machsan...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 10:11 am
top shelves of closets. everything is not together, either.

louche

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:01 pm
top shelves of a bedroom closet.

Squash

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:20 pm
we bought a pantry at the home depot one year cuz whatever cabinet space we had wasn't enough for us anymore. then dh got this brilliant idea to buy another, identical one for the pesach stuff and keep it behind the chometz pantry so all we have to do for pesach is switch them around.

the bigger stuff (convection oven, stove top, sinks, etc) are stored in dh's closet.

mugsisme

Post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 12:24 am
breslov, I put my stuff in my attic. I used to store it in cardboard boxes until last year. I opened up one of the boxes and saw that a visitor had been inside. (EEEUUYYY! Everything got thrown out, as it was my paper good box.) My exterminator told me to put all my stuff into heavy duty storage bins. It works well, and it is easier to shlep down the stairs from the attic. (They also stack better for easier storage.)

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 12:44 am
overhead storage,a nd my MIL's cellar storage...

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 1:10 am
I have a metel shelves in my room that I put it on.

e1234

Post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 1:49 am
A few years ago I bought a Keter (plastic) closet.
It's great -- after pesach I just put everything in and close the doors and move to my laundry room -- it makes packing and unpacking so much easier and I use it as my food pantry all pesach with no need to cover the shelves. (since only used on pesach)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics