Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pool fence

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:39 pm
Looking at a home in Orlando with a pool alarm at the back door, but no fence. Does anyone know of a good solution to block off the pool?. There a pillars in front of the bbq area but no gate, only an alarm on the back door. Is it possible to create some sort of fence as a deterrent? Or is the alarm enough? or best to find a house with a fence?

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:40 pm
You can't rely on a temporary fence. They're not safe enough and are very very easy to bypass.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:40 pm
Yes put up a fence or find a different house with a fence.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:47 pm
How does one put up a fence? Any suggestions

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:49 pm
There are special companies that put up just pool fences. Ask around - I'm sure it's quite common there
It's not cheap, but shouldnt even be a question if you own a pool

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:59 pm
OP, are you renting the home for vacation or moving in there permanently? If it's a permanent move, of course you should get a professionally installed pool fence. If it's a vacation rental, there aren't many options.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:14 pm
If this is a permanent home you need to spend the money because an alarm isn’t enough for safety.

Either a fence or there are pool covers which can weight of a child and are impossible to crawl under. Some people like this better because they don’t want to fence off the yard.

But yuu cant have a pool without making it safe. Most insurance policies require it for coverage.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:23 pm
It’s for a short vacation. I would be watching my 2 year old at all times but still concerned even with the door and the alarm. The fence would be more of a visual deterrent for him. I wouldn’t rely on it

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:30 pm
Quote:
It’s for a short vacation. I would be watching my 2 year old at all times but still concerned even with the door and the alarm. The fence would be more of a visual deterrent for him. I wouldn’t rely on it

Oh, completely different situation
You don't put up a temporary fence for a vacation

If you're not comfortable with the setup find a different house

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:32 pm
I know someone who has a removable fence. I’m not sure it it’s worth it to spend money on a temporary vacation.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I would not stay at a home without a proper pool fence. Even if you're sure you'll watch the kids at all times. It's just not worth the risk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics