Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dr. Sadek - Please share your experience!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:18 am
Has anyone used Dr. Sadek for gastric sleeve? What can you tell me about his success rate? is he considered a top dr? I was hoping to use Dr. Roslin or Dr. Bessler but my insurance wont cover them and my GP recommended him. Please share your experience!

PR6

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:05 pm
Bump*

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:42 pm
2 of my adult kids used him, one lost all her weight, the other did not.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:00 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
2 of my adult kids used him, one lost all her weight, the other did not.

Did they do something differently or it's just the way it worked out? why didnt one lose?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:05 am
I was very unhappy with them. Great up until surgery but care after was (in my experience) non existent. Having trouble and looking for a doc for a second opinion because they don’t listen. They’re basically a factory.

PR6

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 10:14 am
did you end up having surgery with them or someone else? who else do you recommend?

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:21 pm
Bump

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:45 pm
I had an excellent experience with Dr Schmidt who works out of Hackensack University hospital. My first choice was Dr Bessler as well but it wasn't covered by my insurance. In the end, and after speaking to others who used him, I'm glad it worked out this way and highly recommend him.

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:52 pm
Me and my husband both used him. He reached his goal. I totally didn’t get anywhere near. Idk if it has to do with the dr it with myself but I didn’t have a bad experience

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 8:02 am
I’m also trying to get more info on Dr sadek. When I googled him there are several negative reviews about his bedside manner. Can anyone who used his practice respond if they found this to be an issue?

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 8:11 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
I’m also trying to get more info on Dr sadek. When I googled him there are several negative reviews about his bedside manner. Can anyone who used his practice respond if they found this to be an issue?

He was nice the one time I saw him. On my initial visit. Never met him again after that (obviously he did my surgery but I didn’t see him then)

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:08 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
He was nice the one time I saw him. On my initial visit. Never met him again after that (obviously he did my surgery but I didn’t see him then)

And was the staff and follow up post surgery a positive experience? Did you find the surgery to be a success in your opinion. ?

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:13 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I had an excellent experience with Dr Schmidt who works out of Hackensack University hospital. My first choice was Dr Bessler as well but it wasn't covered by my insurance. In the end, and after speaking to others who used him, I'm glad it worked out this way and highly recommend him.

Is Dr schmidt in the same group as Dr. sadek? I also was recommended to use Dr Bessler and thinking to switch insurances to be able to use him unless I can get clarity that Dr sadek / his group is just as good.

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:15 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
And was the staff and follow up post surgery a positive experience? Did you find the surgery to be a success in your opinion. ?

It was a positive experience. I don’t find them extremely helpful afterwards. If I would do it again I would’ve started therapy along with the surgery. It doesn’t alter your brain. Once your stomach is able to handle more food it’s extremely hard to keep the weight down or even just to continue losing weight without a huge mindset shift.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:06 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Is Dr schmidt in the same group as Dr. sadek? I also was recommended to use Dr Bessler and thinking to switch insurances to be able to use him unless I can get clarity that Dr sadek / his group is just as good.

No. Different group. I was just answering if anyone had a good experience with anyone else.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:09 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
It was a positive experience. I don’t find them extremely helpful afterwards. If I would do it again I would’ve started therapy along with the surgery. It doesn’t alter your brain. Once your stomach is able to handle more food it’s extremely hard to keep the weight down or even just to continue losing weight without a huge mindset shift.

I agree. I actually did a lot of mind work before surgery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise