Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
"Challacover" with Swarovski

MrsS

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:11 pm
I heared about there are very new "challedekel" out with swarovski stones.Does anyone know from where one can get it?(Or a email adresse)

Last edited by MrsS on Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:12 pm
What is a challedeckel?

MrsS

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:18 pm
I meant "Challacover"

chaylizi

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:19 pm
I don't know- but it sounds really expensive.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:20 pm
that sounds GORGEOU !

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:25 pm
That's what I was thinking...with swarovski crystals? Maybe you can get it to match the pesach pillow covers...

MrsS

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:26 pm
I know it must be expensive but it sounds intresting and beautiful ,so Im curious.
I would love to buy it for my dh ,for his birthday in a week.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 3:13 pm
It sounds very beautiful!

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 3:29 pm
folks just to know, I made my famous dress that one dd thought was a new shabbos robe (read the latest thread on shabbos robes) and the solution to make it more like a dress was to add on beads...well I got swarovsky sew on crystals...they cost 50 agorot apiece, I got 50 shekel worth of them...I think that to make a really nice embroidered challadekel you would need about three times as much, so that would be 150 shekel or like $40 or so...that's just for the crystals...as I make all my own embroidery I wonder what it looks like and how much it costs, bet I could make it for a quarter of the price...

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 3:49 pm
freidasima wrote:

I make all my own embroidery I wonder what it looks like and how much it costs, bet I could make it for a quarter of the price...

I think thats brilliant that you embroid yourself but like what beside gowns do you do and from where do you get the swarovski to embroid?

freidasima

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 9:50 am
First they sell the beads at a hobby centers that have all the DIY stuff for art teachers, a friend of mine sent me to one and I was hooked.

I embroider everything, made all the challeh dekels in the family also the matza tash and the afikomen bag (suitably embroidered "afikomen"), I even embroidered my huppa with my name and my mother and father and dh's name and his mother and father...I emboidered his atara for his tallis.

Sewing, I do everything except mens' shirts, pants and our underwear. I do dresses, skirts, tops, suits, nightgowns, men's pjs, robes, shabbos robes, I used to knit and crochet and in those days I made knit skirts and crocheted ponchos, sweaters, etc...but haven't done that in years...in 7th grade I crocheted an entire suit under the table at school - I sat in the first seat up against the teachers desk and there was a lot of room...one day lo and behold I just pulled it out! Everyone was surprised...no one wondered why they hadn't seen my hands in a week! I love handiwork of all kinds...and middle dd takes after me, but none of the others, she makes birkas kallos for all her friends who get married, they are a work of art, and she makes her own skirts and stuff.. none of the others do however...maybe because middle dd and I are both overweight and find it hard to find stuff while the other girls are thinner and the boys...well they do fine with regular shirts and pants...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics