Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Nespresso
1  2  Next

imamazing

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:30 am
Avid coffee drinker. . Have a keurig for years. Tempted to switch to nespresso - it looks so good! Want to get all your collective experiences to know if its worth the hype …

Does anyone know the difference between the two? Which brand model should I look for? Not looking to spend $600 but up to 300 or so…

Also want to know if nespresso machines take other company pods or only their own, what’s the cost for those and are they any good ?
( I currently use target goo do and gather k cups for my keurig $8 for 16 pods )

Hit me up with everything I need to know!!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:39 am
About 3 years ago, I went with the Keurig because all of the reviews of the Nespresso said that while the espresso drinks were fine, the regular coffee was not hot enough. A friend tells me that she recently replaced her Nespresso, and the issue (which she admits existed) has been resolved.

No further recommendations, but I thought that information might help.

sky

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:40 am
The newer nespresso you can really only use their pods and can make many diff size cups of coffee depending on the pod used.

The original nesprsso you can use other pods but I don’t think you can make a regular size cup of coffee. Only espresso.

Taste it first. Some ppl love it and some ppl don’t go for the taste.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:41 am
I LOVE MY NESPRESSO!!! AND YES I'M SCREAMING!

I have a keurig also, and a keurig at work, and yet I make a nespresso at home, froth my (oat)milk, and bring it to work because it's just that much better.

There are two different kinds of Nespresso machines - original and vertuo. You can get other brands of original pods at Target, but vertuo only has Starbucks pods at other stores. The difference is that original only makes espresso sized servings and you add more water or milk as needed. Vertuo pods come in different sizes with a really cool barcode to tell the machine how much water to use. So with the vertuo, you can make a single or double espresso, or a 5 oz coffee or a 8 oz coffee, and they even have an extra large pod for a pot.

The best time to buy the machine is in December because then you get the bundle with the frother, which I think you really need. If you buy it separately, you are going to pay $100 for just the frother. The nespresso one heats up the milk (or froths cold), which is great.

I have the Vertuo Next which I do not recommend. I keep having issues with it. The good news is that their customer service is better than any company I've ever dealt with, and after trouble shooting, they replaced my machine. I'm having some issues with my new machine also, so they are sending me a different model which they said they are not having issues with - just the regular Vertuo. You can see them all on their website. I paid $150 for my bundle and I love it so much that when it was on sale this year in December, I bought ANOTHER ONE with chanukah gelt. It's waiting for me when I need it.

As for the rest of the things to know, I learned everything from watching youtube videos.

imamazing

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:46 am
Ty but I’m still confused- which models could be used with other company pods and which one comes with frother ( don’t want. A sep attachment…)

Thx

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:50 am
imamazing wrote:
Ty but I’m still confused- which models could be used with other company pods and which one comes with frother ( don’t want. A sep attachment…)

Thx

There are pods that are compatible with the origial line. Not the Vertuo line. If you are in the States, there are not a lot of options for other companies who make pods though. Some, not a lot.

The frother is always a separate item.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:51 am
SixOfWands wrote:
About 3 years ago, I went with the Keurig because all of the reviews of the Nespresso said that while the espresso drinks were fine, the regular coffee was not hot enough. A friend tells me that she recently replaced her Nespresso, and the issue (which she admits existed) has been resolved.

No further recommendations, but I thought that information might help.

Re: the temp - nespresso says they raised the temp of the coffee but said they designed it to be drinkable right out of the machine and not have to cool. Perfect for me because my keurig is way too hot for me right away and the temp is perfect for me from my nespresso.

imamazing

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:54 am
Can anyone post links with the nespresso machine they love and reccs for great coffee pods ? Thx

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:56 am
imamazing wrote:
Can anyone post links with the nespresso machine they love and reccs for great coffee pods ? Thx

Just go to the Nespresso website and look at the vertuo line and the vertuo pods.

I love the caramel cookie, melozio, and melozio decaf. For espresso, I LOVE bianco legerro.

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 10:01 am
My friend gave me a Nespresso and it is wonderful for real coffee lovers. I am familiar with Keurig because I have used them for work and there is no comparison in terms of quality.

She actually had one of those $1000 fancy espresso machines and she switched to the Nespresso because the quality was equivalent and it was so much easier to use.

I have the relatively simple model with the separate frother and it is fine and easy to use and doesn't take up much space. This model is fine for me because I am using it to make espressos and lattes and not to make a "regular" large cup of coffee.

As watergirl posted, the newer models also make "regular" cups of coffee and so that would be a lifestyle decision. If I had to serve a lot of "regular" occasionally I would probably just buy a cheap Mr. Coffee type of coffee maker and bring it specifically out for those times.

However it really isn't that difficult to make espressos/lattes for people because it is so fast and so simple and people love being served "Starbuck Quality" stuff. There is enough hot water in the machine for multiple cups and the water heats up almost immediately anyway.

I don't know about other types of pods because I only use Nespresso. They aren't cheap but compared to a $5.00 cup of Starbucks they are a super bargain so that is how I view them. If you love good espresso/latte it is so worth it.

The espresso even has the crema like an authentic espresso.

I think the most use would be for a household where individuals would be making it - you and spouse; maybe a teenager in the afternoon instead of Starbucks; when you or your kids are having visitors and can serve them a delicious espresso/latte etc.

And this is NOT a paid promotion for Nespresso - it is one of those products that are just so good that people who have them want others to share the experience - like my friend who loved her Nespresso so much she gave ME one. Of course she also now guarantees good coffee when she visits me. LOL

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 10:06 am
Amarante wrote:
My friend gave me a Nespresso and it is wonderful for real coffee lovers. I am familiar with Keurig because I have used them for work and there is no comparison in terms of quality.

She actually had one of those $1000 fancy espresso machines and she switched to the Nespresso because the quality was equivalent and it was so much easier to use.

I have the relatively simple model with the separate frother and it is fine and easy to use and doesn't take up much space. This model is fine for me because I am using it to make espressos and lattes and not to make a "regular" large cup of coffee.

As watergirl posted, the newer models also make "regular" cups of coffee and so that would be a lifestyle decision. If I had to serve a lot of "regular" occasionally I would probably just buy a cheap Mr. Coffee type of coffee maker and bring it specifically out for those times.

However it really isn't that difficult to make espressos/lattes for people because it is so fast and so simple and people love being served "Starbuck Quality" stuff. There is enough hot water in the machine for multiple cups and the water heats up almost immediately anyway.

I don't know about other types of pods because I only use Nespresso. They aren't cheap but compared to a $5.00 cup of Starbucks they are a super bargain so that is how I view them. If you love good espresso/latte it is so worth it.

The espresso even has the crema like an authentic espresso.

I think the most use would be for a household where individuals would be making it - you and spouse; maybe a teenager in the afternoon instead of Starbucks; when you or your kids are having visitors and can serve them a delicious espresso/latte etc.

And this is NOT a paid promotion for Nespresso - it is one of those products that are just so good that people who have them want others to share the experience - like my friend who loved her Nespresso so much she gave ME one. Of course she also now guarantees good coffee when she visits me. LOL

Right re: pods. They coffee pods cost between $1-1.10 each. The espresso pods are usually .85 each. The Starbucks pods are even more expensive and not any better. I used to buy a starbucks once a week, now for just a bit more I can have better coffee every day, with my own flavors, my own milk, etc.

cupcake123

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 10:55 am
I love coffee but am usually happy with tasters choice so take this with a grain of salt.
I have the machine and used up all my pods and never bought new ones. They are so pricey. Its over $1 for each cup.
I end up going to coffee shops a lot and spending even more so I'm not sure why I'm so stingy on these pods! 🙈
Even so if your like me and need a boiling hot coffee in the morning then this is no good.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 11:07 am
cupcake123 wrote:
I love coffee but am usually happy with tasters choice so take this with a grain of salt.
I have the machine and used up all my pods and never bought new ones. They are so pricey. Its over $1 for each cup.
I end up going to coffee shops a lot and spending even more so I'm not sure why I'm so stingy on these pods! 🙈
Even so if your like me and need a boiling hot coffee in the morning then this is no good.

That's funny. The way I look at it, I know with coffee shops, the drinks are a gamble. I am at the mercy of the barista's mood in terms of how my drink will be made. How often do I take a sip of my dunkin lattee or starbucks coffee and realize the person just did not feel like doing their job that day, and then I toss it. I know if I make my own, it is exactly how I wanted it. So I spend the $1.00 for a pod, but I can put in my own CY milk, or use my oat milk (which they all charge extra for), I can put pumps of syrup (no extra charge), and if it's iced, I know it wont be watered down by too much ice. By the time I order my latte at Starbucks, it's almost $6. I can make 6 lattes for that at home and it's like gan eden each time.

Ellie7

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:15 pm
I have this one: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....romos

I did get it when it was on sale, so I paid $150. And I get the pods from Costco—they sell Peet's and Starbucks pods. The Peet's ones (which are the ones I get) are cheaper, though I can't remember what they cost, but I think they're closer to 50 cents a pod.

I really love my machine and have had no issues.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:16 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
I have this one: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....romos

I did get it when it was on sale, so I paid $150. And I get the pods from Costco—they sell Peet's and Starbucks pods. The Peet's ones (which are the ones I get) are cheaper, though I can't remember what they cost, but I think they're closer to 50 cents a pod.

I really love my machine and have had no issues.

For OP, this is the original, not the vertuo line. It does not make coffee sized cups.

mizle10

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:22 pm
I also LOVE MY NESPRESSO!!!

You cannot even slightly compare it to a keurig. I had the original for years and now I have the vertuo for about 3 years and it's honestly the best coffee. The most basic vertuo machine does the job but I recommend a frother which is not attached. If I froth the milk it's burn-your-tongue hot which I personally like. I like strong coffee so I only use the "Intenso" pods, but in the summer I use a double espresso pod for the best ice coffee that actually tastes like amazing coffee!

If you take your coffee seriously a nespresso is a must have!!! I cannot imagine life without it!

asmileaday

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:25 pm
I have the Nespresso Essenza Mini and I love it! It's the original line. The pods are about 70 cents a piece, really cheap for a good latte!

I have a Keurig too but it rarely gets used. We like lattes much more and for regular coffee, tasters choice is fine.

Watergirl, can you open a thread for all your nespresso creations? I'm so not creative with my machine, I just drink my simple latte and zehu. Would love tried and true ideas.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:29 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I have the Nespresso Essenza Mini and I love it! It's the original line. The pods are about 70 cents a piece, really cheap for a good latte!

I have a Keurig too but it rarely gets used. We like lattes much more and for regular coffee, tasters choice is fine.

Watergirl, can you open a thread for all your nespresso creations? I'm so not creative with my machine, I just drink my simple latte and zehu. Would love tried and true ideas.

lol sure!

momallhours

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:46 pm
So funny because I was dreaming of a Nespresso and my DH bought me one it is the virtuso I think.

2 problems it is not hot at all and not strong I felt it was all foam and no coffee
So told me that the new models are not good only the older models.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:56 pm
asmileaday wrote:

Here you go!
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....18198
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars