Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum contagiosum

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:48 pm
My son has this on his face and his stomach. The doctor says it usually lasts about a year and it will go away on its own.
Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? Or is it better to wait until it goes away on its own?

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:53 pm
My daughter has it on one foot, and it's been more than two years already. Didn't get worse, but not better either. I would definitely do soemthing though if it were on her face.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:56 pm
I use this: Zymaderm Molluscum Contagiosum Treatment - Fast Acting, Safe and Painless Wart Reducer for Kids & Adults
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002.....ss_tl

My pediatrician wasn't convinced it would work but didn't think it would do any harm to try it. I put it on twice a day and it gets rid of the molluscum after a few weeks usually.

Zehava

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:59 pm
Herbal power worked for us but I’m not sure I’d use it on the face it’s pretty powerful. I had to stop it after a bit because it was giving my kid a rash. But by then most pimples were black and it went away fully since then.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 12:07 am
Thank you all!
The ones on his face I don't think look like warts. (On his body he does have warts) They are like tiny white pimples. Are these things effective for this?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 12:13 am
Someone gave me this idea to squeeze each one and a little ball will come out. She tried it and it worked. I'm nervous to try this, I don't want to cause him unnecessary pain.
Has anyone heard of doing this?

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 12:26 am
I have been using an immune support with Edel berry works wonders

believe22

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 12:29 am
Be careful not to spread it if popping!!! When a pimple/wart is open it’s contagious and can spread you need to sterilize it and your hands ASAP.

What worked for us (and I HATED these pimple things) was keeping the mulluscum covered. This made them kind of pop on their own and then they died. We were careful to clean right away.

gittylove

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 1:31 am
This worked amazing for my son . I used it on his bottom / diaper area.
PurO3 Ozonated Olive Oil - Fully Ozonated - Glass Jars 2 Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B.....ss_tl

erm

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 3:19 am
I used a cotton ball with a little apple cider vinegar and left it on for a few minutes. It was a gone a few days later

fiji

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 8:40 am
Molludab from amazon. Works like a dream!

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 9:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone gave me this idea to squeeze each one and a little ball will come out. She tried it and it worked. I'm nervous to try this, I don't want to cause him unnecessary pain.
Has anyone heard of doing this?

Yes this is the fastest and most effective to get rid of these. Just make sure to put on a pair of gloves because what comes out of the pimple is contagious. If its on an area of the body that can be soaked first, do that to make it easier.
Also do not pop any on his eyelid since that can hurt his eye.

But yes, Molloscum can stick around for years, but if you pop them all they will be gone By the next day.

(Don’t be scared if a little blood comes out, these things are nasty. But keep squeezing till you get out all the white stuff.)

If your kid wont sit still, take him to a dermatologist or pediatrician who will pop it for you. (For some reason they are reluctant sometimes- I guess its just messy- and they tell u to leave it and it will go away on its own. But they’re just being lazy IMO. Especially if its on his face, he probably touches it all the time and it will just keep spreading.)

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 10:07 am
My pediatrician put on some kind of cream that burned it off. I do not recommend!! my son screamed in pain the entire day and now instead of being covered with little white pimples he is covered in blisters. im hoping the blisters will heal soon and that will be the end of it but I should have just left the little pimples- they barely bothered him. it was just over a year and they werent going away so I decided to try it. but it was definitely not worth it.
although it wasn't on his face, that probably would have concerned me more and I would be more desperate to get rid of them

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
My pediatrician put on some kind of cream that burned it off. I do not recommend!! my son screamed in pain the entire day and now instead of being covered with little white pimples he is covered in blisters. im hoping the blisters will heal soon and that will be the end of it but I should have just left the little pimples- they barely bothered him. it was just over a year and they werent going away so I decided to try it. but it was definitely not worth it.
although it wasn't on his face, that probably would have concerned me more and I would be more desperate to get rid of them

I agree, the cream is terrible. And it may leave scars. Would not recommend.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:13 am
I always ignore them. They go away naturally.

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:22 am
gittylove wrote:
This worked amazing for my son . I used it on his bottom / diaper area.
PurO3 Ozonated Olive Oil - Fully Ozonated - Glass Jars 2 Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B.....ss_tl

really? My baby has "molluscum" on her diaper area.

My doctor keeps saying that it's a yeast infection but then there are little pimples that they claim is molescum.

you think this will work to get rid of the whole redness and pimples?

baltomom

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:37 am
The way my pediatrician told me to treat molluscum is by covering the biggest ones with duct tape as much as possible (when it comes off replace with a new piece). This irritates them and somehow activates the immune system to get rid of all of them--not just the ones that were covered. I did this when my kids had it on their arms/legs. I don't remember how long it took for them to go away--maybe several days to a couple of weeks? But it is a pretty painless, harmless (and cheap!) method. In your case, obviously you can't cover the ones on the face but if you cover the ones on the stomach hopefully they will all go away.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics