Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Looking for good eye doctor - Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 4:00 am
My 6 year old daughter began complaining this week that her eyes hurt and that she sees some things better when they're upside down. Due to multiple factors, she is going through a rough time in general, so I'm not sure if it's legit or attention seeking behavior. I want a good doctor that will be able to see if there is an actual vision problem even if she tries to fake it during the exam. Also someone knowledgable enough to know if seeing things better upside down is an actual thing, and if she may actually have that issue. She sometimes draws pictures upside down, but her OT believes it's for attn. I don't want to discredit her without cause, but don't want to feed into her dramatics either, thus further encouraging those behaviors. She is a dramatic kid in general and loves to be the center of attention. But if there is an actual issue, I want to be on top of it.

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 7:03 am
The doctors at Dr. Steel's practice are fantastic.

mom of many kih

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 7:07 am
Anyone at dr steeles office is great

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 7:27 am
Thanks.
Who in their practice is most recommended?

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 7:30 am
I would go to Ezra medical center and see one of their trained developmental optometrists. They are much better at detecting vision issues. Dr Steele’s practice are opthalmologist, they specialize in eye muscle and eye structural issues and surgeries.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 7:49 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I would go to Ezra medical center and see one of their trained developmental optometrists. They are much better at detecting vision issues. Dr Steele’s practice are ophthalmologists, they specialize in eye muscle and eye structural issues and surgeries.

Aren't ophthalmologists usually more trained than optometrists? Who at Ezra would you recommend?

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 7:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Aren't ophthalmologists usually more trained than optometrists? Who at Ezra would you recommend?
Different trainings. Opthalmologist specialize in structural eye issues, developmental optometrists specialize in the vision end of things — how the eye works with the brain to make vision happen. We love DR. Gelfond at Ezra.

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.
Who in their practice is most recommended?

I use Dr nam and know many others like her too

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:16 am
Dr Sherman at Ezra is fantastic
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics