Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby boy buried pen1s problem
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:21 am
Has anyone had this? I'm feeling guilty. I have a problem and I think it's because I haven't been exposing the pen1s during baths. There used to be something to expose but now there's not? There is a bottom part and a top part, and in the middle there is an angry red swollen ring. I have been putting Desitin on it and planning to get him to the doctor soon. I don't really understand what I'm looking at. Just wondering if anyone else might know what I'm talking about.

Baby acts normal and happy unless I'm actively messing with it.

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:23 am
Not sure what you mean by exposed, but you don’t have to and shouldn’t mess around with anything for a bath. Sounds like a diaper rash.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:25 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
Not sure what you mean by exposed, but you don’t have to and shouldn’t mess around with anything for a bath. Sounds like a diaper rash.

When he was born, the whole pen1s was buried but I could get it out by pushing down around it. I learned this can happen with babies and it usually resolves on its own. There's a fat pad around it or something.

I hope this is just a diaper rash but I feel nervous.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:27 am
Did he have his bris yet?

amother
OP

amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
Did he have his bris yet?

Yes, long ago, he's a year old now.

sarahph1

It’s comeplelty normal
It’s baby fat that makes it hide away lol

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:29 am
My son always gets red if I don't soap him really well. He is 3.
If I skip a bath one night (I usually bathe alternate nights) there is a huge chance of redness, and he will be itchy.

As a baby, I sometimes found white stuff there.. I would put aquafor and wipe better next time.
Curious what your doctor will say.

(oh and then a thread will pop up here saying it is assur to touch, and I sometimes wonder what other ppl do? fight infection forever?)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:29 am
sarahph1 wrote:
It’s comeplelty normal
It’s baby fat that makes it hide away lol

Right, but whatever's happening now is not normal, there is something that looks swollen and bright red and painful. And either it isn't buried anymore and I didn't notice, or I can't un-bury it? Sorry...feeling clueless.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:31 am
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
My son always gets red if I don't soap him really well. He is 3.
If I skip a bath one night (I usually bathe alternate nights) there is a huge chance of redness, and he will be itchy.

As a baby, I sometimes found white stuff there.. I would put aquafor and wipe better next time.
Curious what your doctor will say.

(oh and then a thread will pop up here saying it is assur to touch, and I sometimes wonder what other ppl do? fight infection forever?)

I hope it's just a hygiene issue and all I have to do is be more careful to soap him down.

I agree, the no-touch crowd is meshuge, I will never understand that.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:32 am
A baby aiver looks like a aiver just smaller. Not sure what you mean by bottom and top. Do you see the head? Bright red sounds like a diaper rash or yeast infection. I would go to the doctor today.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right, but whatever's happening now is not normal, there is something that looks swollen and bright red and painful. And either it isn't buried anymore and I didn't notice, or I can't un-bury it? Sorry...feeling clueless.

If it looks infected, I’d have it checked out sooner rather than later. You don’t want to mess around with a pen!s infection

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:37 am
I don’t know if you have the same thing as we did. It sort of fused together, there wasn’t a clear area where the bris was cut. It’s hard to describe but if that’s what you have now, you’ll know.
I showed it to his doctor who brushed it off. Then DH spoke to the mohel who said this was an issue. He came to our house and fixed it, it was very fast, baby cried but it was over in a minute. I can’t remember how old he was, probably around 6-9 months or so.

Mohel said this happens with chubby babies.

So ask your mohel, he’s the pro.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:38 am
No touching applies to over bar mitzvah and it’s for their own body, with the exception for cleaning it. It’s not meant for a baby. It’s a problem that it’s being taught incorrectly in some places.

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:54 am
My baby had issues he was very fat so was hard to clean properly.
(His fat actually caused part of bris to be undone - was fine and safe and baby and I had no clue. My frum pediatrician pointed it out to me - it’s unusual but caused partly bec he was born unusually large)

But be sure by bath to get the area clean for good hygiene. .

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:58 am
Thanks. Yeah, my baby was born pretty large and I still get comments on his weight from people who hold him.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 12:11 pm
My son had something like this from after his Bris. I think the mohel cut off a drop too little skin but the bris was kosher. I had to pull the skin over when I changed him. Was traumatuzing. Also took him to a urologist who said he was fine. Could be infected start putting on bacitracin and get him to a doctor

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 12:57 pm
My 16-month old has a small p-nis, so I understand what you mean about top and bottom part.
It sounds like he has an infection and that's why it's red and stuck, or sowllen, so you can't push it out. It could have happened if you don't push it out for baths because dirt gets stuck there.
Anyway go to pediatrician he probably will prescribe antibiotic

bearwithme

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 2:01 pm
One of my sons had a similar problem, the skin had kind of closed up around it; the pediatrician noticed it and told us to take him to a mohel. We took him to a very experienced mohel in Williamsburg who fixed it in like one minute. BTW he was a pretty lightweight baby.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 12:26 am
Bumping this up.

My son has a "buried aiver".. Every time I asked over the years, Dr always said he'll outgrow it.

He's 8 kah and it's still not resolved... I always remind him to poke it out fully and wash it etc but then it just goes back in..

Anyone had something similar with any advice??

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 12:30 am
Maybe craniosacral?

Did he have a tongue tie?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics