Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Bedding (linen)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 4:17 am
Good morning,

I am in desperate need of new linen.
I've been looking at West Elm (love their simple but nice look) but didn't find anything I loved in my budget.
Someone told me about Aura and Belle in Lakewood and their website looks nice.
Would love a few more options.
Are people still doing white linen? I love the look but am scared of it not looking fresh fast. Would love advice/recommendations.

Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:51 am
Bump.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:58 am
Following
I’m looking specifically for girls room

cupcake123

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:01 am
I just bought a set of all white linen (from west elm actually) I love it.
Aura and belle has some nice options that look clean and neat and are not 100 percent white.
Its probably going out of trend in the "jewish " world but I think all white is just a classy hotel look forever.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:17 am
cupcake123 wrote:
I just bought a set of all white linen (from west elm actually) I love it.
Aura and belle has some nice options that look clean and neat and are not 100 percent white.
Its probably going out of trend in the "jewish " world but I think all white is just a classy hotel look forever.

Can I ask which set you got? I'm looking at two, I prefer one but the other is a lot cheaper. Did you get the fitted sheets there as well?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 7:14 am
White looks fresh but it can be a problem for married women. I wouldn't put white sheets on a married woman's guest bed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 7:59 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
White looks fresh but it can be a problem for married women. I wouldn't put white sheets on a married woman's guest bed.

I'm not married. I love the white look but am concerned of it getting dirty/ stained fast.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not married. I love the white look but am concerned of it getting dirty/ stained fast.

the beauty of white is that you can bleach it.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:13 am
the beauty of white is that you can bleach it.

Do not bleach your linen! You’ll wear it out much faster that way. Use OXIclean bright white or something like that.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:25 am

This is funny! My MIL always puts white sheets on bed when we visit her. Colored quilt covers tho.

I complained to my friend and she says it is so normal, her mom would only put hotel style white linen on guest beds!

I say you hosts shall mind your own business and guests can bring along white linen if it is their opinion that it is required........

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 10:00 am
The company store
https://www.thecompanystore.com/

Has beautiful linen. I have their sateen fabric, it’s so soft

cupcake123

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I ask which set you got? I'm looking at two, I prefer one but the other is a lot cheaper. Did you get the fitted sheets there as well?

It's like a wave design. White on white. The fitted sheet I got a plain white one from Macy's. Target also has good ones.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:22 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
It's like a wave design. White on white. The fitted sheet I got a plain white one from Macy's. Target also has good ones.

Thanks. Can I get links to either the macys one or the target one?

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:24 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
This is funny! My MIL always puts white sheets on bed when we visit her. Colored quilt covers tho.

I complained to my friend and she says it is so normal, her mom would only put hotel style white linen on guest beds!

I say you hosts shall mind your own business and guests can bring along white linen if it is their opinion that it is required........

Many people use white in the guest rooms because it's easiest to wash. And they want the nice hotel style look. I assure you that hosts don't put white in the guest room because they think that the women might need it. Most guest houses we've stayed at, had white linen on all beds in the house.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Can I get links to either the macys one or the target one?

I dont have specific links I just googled around white cotton fitted sheet (and the size bed you want for) . Make sure its 100 percent cotton. Just fyi we have full beds and the west elm full duvet is HUGE (we bought west elm comforter as well) its yummy to sleep with but it's a pain to wash/change and to make the beds.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics