Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
HELP!!! Major chocolate addiction!!
1  2  3  Next

tzivi

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 6:48 am
Please give me suggestions what to do.
I am totally and completely addicted to chocolate. I have tried everything that I know of to stop. If anyone has any suggestions, please post![/b]

technic

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 7:30 am
tape ur mouth shut? LOL

cindy324

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 9:56 am
well, are u overweight, are you thin but trying to watch your weight, could you eat and at and not gain an ounce? If you're the latter type , enjoy the chocolate, I would if I could! But if you need to watch your weight then don't bring it into the house, that's the only way to stop. designate one day a week, like shabbos that you're going to have it, and keep telling yourself, only 3 more days to go, only 2 more days to go...etc.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 10:40 am
when I was doing weight watchers after my last baby, I knew I couldn't give up sweets completely. So I substituted (and only cheated "a little")
I got fat free/sugar free frozen yogurt.
For chocolate, I got these new (not so new anymore) cereal bars that are put out by Kedem/Telma. they're pretty good and only have a few grams of fat.

RivkaS

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 11:10 am
a) try sugarless chocolate
b) try over 70% cacao chocolate
and most important
take a pill of Magnesium a day because what you are trying (maybe) is to fill up your magnesium depots!
beHazlacha

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 11:13 am
sugarless chocolate still has plenty of calories and fat, btw!

lucky

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 11:32 am
Chocolate addiction can be pretty bad. Sometimes I can't sleep because I am craving chocolate. I do try limit myself but I still have to work on self-control!!!

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 11:35 am
Quote:

Not the same fopr sure. And I was a first class choc addict now I'm just second class. If you can control u'rself not to have any for one week u'll see the addiction subsides somewhat Wink

lucky

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 11:38 am
freilich wrote:
If you can control u'rself not to have any for one week u'll see the addiction subsides somewhat Wink

It also helps if you gain 10 lbs. in one month Wink You definetly think twice before finishing off a bar.

RivkaS

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 2:39 pm
freilich wrote:
Quote:

Not the same fopr sure. And I was a first class choc addict now I'm just second class. If you can control u'rself not to have any for one week u'll see the addiction subsides somewhat Wink

Stop bragging (Wink )- I had my dayly chocolate with me to work... b"h I can have tonns of bars at home now and only eat the non-sugar variety or the 72% cacao and the rest is for dh Mr. Green

elisecohen

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 4:03 pm
DH was told by his doctor to cut out all caffeine, peppermint, and chocolate. He told the doctor the first two would be no problem, but the chocolate--he'd just cut back.

tzivi

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 4:37 pm
This is one of the advantages of this site... and living overseas.....
you post a problem (!), go to sleep, wake up and there are a whole bunch of solutions!
Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Very Happy

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 5:28 pm
Tzivi LOL LOL

shira

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 5:40 pm
Tzivi, I'm totally with you.........I passed up a fleishig meal tonight just so that I'd be able to eat my chocolate later. My husband was like, "Shir, why aren't you eating" and I responded, "Oh, uh, I'm just not so hungry for fleishigs right now." He'd make so much fun of me if he knew the real reason! Much Hatzlacha!

tzivi

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 5:45 pm
Shira, I do the same thing!!!
When my husband takes his first bite of cholent on Shabbos, I give him a kind of cheeky smile... he knows just what that means!! LOL LOL

technic

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 6:49 pm
http://www.paulmckenna.com/

I havent checked out this website but I caught a clip of him on tv (wash my mouth out!!!) this evening, using his techniques 2 cure a choc addict - she was even taken 2 a choc factory and had no interest whatsover!!!

carrot

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 7:26 pm
hypnosis would probably work.

you could also try to eat tons of it one day. as much as you want plus some. it is possible that you will make yourself sick of it and it will no longer have the same forbidden excitement. then again, maybe not... (I have never tried this with chocolate but other "addictions.")

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 11:03 pm
Quote:
also try to eat tons of it one day. as much as you want plus some.

That didn't help me one bit Tongue Out

sarahd

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 4:18 am
You have to do it when you are feeling sick to your stomach or otherwise unwell anyhow. That way, the next time you reach for chocolate it'll have a negative association and you won't want it at all, let alone crave it.

chen

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 9:08 am
Unsweetened cocoa powder has zero fat and barely any calories (the really big calories in chocolate come from the cocoa butter ). Try flavoring things with cocoa powder and sugar or sweetener instead.

If you are in the USA, and not pregnant or nursing, see if you can find Canfield's Diet Chocolate soda. it is not well-distributed, and more expensive than other brands of soda, but fabulous. pour some into a glass of milk for a reasonable approximation of an old-fashioned egg cream.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics