Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Casa grande

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:07 pm
I want to go to casa grande so I have a community local. My question is how far are attractions? Is their anything to do with kids in the area? Beach?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:03 pm
What is Casa Grande? Never heard of it

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:04 pm
Do you mean Casa Grande, Arizona? There's a larger community in Phoenix. There are basically no attractions within Casa Grande itself, though plenty to do in Phoenix. There are also several kosher restaurants in Phoenix / Scottsdale. Arizona has no ocean beaches. There are a few lakes / rivers with small beaches, the best of which is Lake Pleasant and Saguaro Lake. It is very, very hot there during the summer, so spending any significant time outdoors is a bad idea. There are some good indoor activities in the city, like the OdySea Aquarium, Hall of Flame Fire Truck Museum, Children's Museum, Heard Museum and Lego Land.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:06 pm
I was there four times. All attractions are mostly an hour away. I had a lot of fun! What specific questions do you have?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:01 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Do you mean Casa Grande, Arizona? There's a larger community in Phoenix. There are basically no attractions within Casa Grande itself, though plenty to do in Phoenix. There are also several kosher restaurants in Phoenix / Scottsdale. Arizona has no ocean beaches. There are a few lakes / rivers with small beaches, the best of which is Lake Pleasant and Saguaro Lake. It is very, very hot there during the summer, so spending any significant time outdoors is a bad idea. There are some good indoor activities in the city, like the OdySea Aquarium, Hall of Flame Fire Truck Museum, Children's Museum, Heard Museum and Lego Land.

Thanks for your lengthy response. I'm going for a kid with eczema, I was told to go to casa grande...will Phoenix give me the same benefits?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:39 am
Yes, it's the same air.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your lengthy response. I'm going for a kid with eczema, I was told to go to casa grande...will Phoenix give me the same benefits?

Yes. Although the region is currently in their monsoon season, which does bring humidity and dust storms. This usually lasts from July through September. Outside of those months is the most ideal time to be there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:11 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Yes. Although the region is currently in their monsoon season, which does bring humidity and dust storms. This usually lasts from July through September. Outside of those months is the most ideal time to be there.

Thank you!

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:37 pm
Where can I stay in Phoenix near kosher food/shul not expensive?

Smileforme

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 11:58 pm
In central Phoenix.
Look within the border of 7th st to 16th st.
Glendale Ave and Maryland Ave.

If not staying for Shabbos then go further out and drive
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics