Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Argg... tilapia tonight fell apart

shayna82

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 7:35 pm
so im attempting to fry it and the pieces just fell apart,so then I just ended up mashing them to little pieces... and it didnt taste too good.. anyone have suggestinos? Mad

shoy18

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 7:37 pm
I never heard of anyone frying tilapia, have you done this before??

also if you fry fish often by a fish spatuala specially designed to flip fish without harming it, also try not to crowd the pan it makes it very hard to flip the fish

shayna82

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 7:40 pm
no this was the first time I made this specific type of fish, although ive fried flounder and sol and this never happened. I followed a recipe, sort of , and it said to fry in peanut oil. only I fryed with olive oil.. thats the only thing I did differently. I guess its a more tender/delicate fish.. who knows

thanks shoy!

shoy18

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 7:41 pm
your better off sticking to frying flounder and sole, if u want to make tilapia bake it in a tin foil pocket with lemon juice, oil, and paprica for like 8 min, its delicious and easy as pie

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 5:14 pm
Fish needs to be thicker to fry and turn..I also can't do it!

mompete

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 9:48 pm
was the oil hot enough? If its not the right temp, the fish will stick to the pan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen