Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Baby gift for twins

amother

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 11:15 pm
what would you buy for someone who had twins? these are not her first so she probably has all the basics. . .

Fox

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 11:20 pm
I really enjoyed coordinated outfits for my girls. Even two inexpensive stretchies in the same design but different complementary colors look adorable; the simplest clothing looks "special" when the twin is wearing something similar.

Oddly, I wasn't as crazy about actual matching outfits. My girls are identical, and I had enough trouble telling them apart when they were infants!

RachelEve14

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 11:43 pm
Yes, I also liked coordinating outfits, but I got LOTS of little dresses, so maybe try in a bigger size. A couple of 12 - 18m jumpers might be nice. If they fit in the summer a tshirt can go under, if they fit in the winter a long sleeve shirt. The worst thing was getting cute little short sleeve dresses the girls couldn't wear because the first summer they were HUGE and the second tehy were too small.

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 7:45 am
op here: thanks all for your suggestions. so you still recommend clothing eventhough she has a bunch of children and probably has clothing from the older ones?

myfriends715

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 8:46 am
yes shes gonna wanna coordinate them.. is it boy/girl or same gender? I loved getting coordiating outfits but ppl. bought both kids the same size and my ds is abt 2 sizes larger than dd (yup biiiiig boy) so they were a little useless.. find out if 1 twwin was born over a lb. larger than the other... then think maybe buy 2 dif. sizes..

also if u r buying for boy/girl and you find matching outfits can you tell me where? I'm going crazy trying to find

RachelEve14

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 1:06 pm
OP, my twins were first so I can't speak from experience, but I did like dressing them simmilar. It's cute, what can I say Smile

My neighbor used to dress her boy / girl twins in a white t-shirt with gray sweatpants. They looked so much alike if I didn't know they were boy / girl I would have thought they were ID twins

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 1:19 pm
RachelEve14 wrote:
Yes, I also liked coordinating outfits, but I got LOTS of little dresses, so maybe try in a bigger size. A couple of 12 - 18m jumpers might be nice. If they fit in the summer a tshirt can go under, if they fit in the winter a long sleeve shirt. The worst thing was getting cute little short sleeve dresses the girls couldn't wear because the first summer they were HUGE and the second tehy were too small.

I really dislike dresses for smaller than 12-18m. I have lots of dresses in this size b/c my older daughter walked at 13m. but making them crawl in a dress is just mean imo

Fox

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 4:46 pm
Just remembered something really useful I received: coordinated spring/fall jackets in about a size 3T. My girls wore them for a long, long time, and it was the kind of thing I probably wouldn't have bought myself.

I can't speak for everyone, but I always liked getting baby clothes even for subsequent children. Even though you might have hand-me-downs, it's nice to have something special and new.

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 4:47 pm
I think this is the cutest outfit ever.
It says "perfect pear"
http://www.kee-ka.com/TGS5PP-p.....ftset
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics