Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Nightmares

supermom

Post Fri, Nov 12 2004, 3:14 am
my two and a half year old daughter lately gets up a lot at nights with nightmares, we don;t have a tv in our house for her to see or imagine scary things what can it be from? her daycare center she loves it and doesnt stop talking about what she has done that day and all, it can't be from there, where could it have come from? she cries from ants biting her, dogs chasing her, sticks hiting her etc.

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:00 pm
Supermom it could be from anything even parsha can be scary. My 2yr old doesnt want the light off at night b/c there is something on the roof-'she means ceiling'.(Don't know what though) So I leave the light on and it is the reg one, not a night light. I think it is their age and they have overactive imaginations and it won't help to deny it but we can play it down etc

micki

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:25 pm
every night we say good night to the monster who lives on the house next door. its the shadows playing on the wall. so sometimes he asks me to open the curtain so he can say good night!!
they grow out of it.
has anyone ever heard of a study that children need to sleep with no light. that the light causes chas vesholom the machala>? I read this on yahoo news- I onder if anyone else heard of it.

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:27 pm
Micki
Quote:
that the light causes chas vesholom the machala>? I read this on yahoo news-

shock Never heard of it

micki

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:31 pm
something to do with the kids never getting into the deep REM sleep and causes carsinegins ?spelling? developing. they noticed more in lekimia kids. I got paranoid and shut all the nightlights when I go to bed...
I know for myself it has to be completly dark or I can't sleep so deeply.

hadasa

Post Sun, Nov 14 2004, 2:43 am
That I never heard of, but I did read an article that claimed that letting children sleep in light before age 2 makes them more likely to need glasses later. Something about the eyes needing total rest.

Yael

Post Sun, Nov 14 2004, 10:53 am
my 2 yr old son sometimes gets nightmares, and he tells me crying that it was dovi who took something from him, that was his nightmare! that his brother would take something away from him. it doesnt have to be from scary things, just whatever your child fears.

Yael

Post Sun, Nov 14 2004, 10:58 am
I read an article once about how we never are exposed to total and complete darkness nowadays. and b/c of that our bodies arent producing enough malatonin, which is only produced in total darkness, and it affects our sleep cycle and could have a connection to cancer. b/c generally the rate of cancer is higher in big cities where their is always light at night, than in small towns. (though it could very well be from other environmental factors too.)
bottom line is noone knows for sure but everyone has a different theory.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Nov 14 2004, 8:42 pm
while we sleep our brains process the daily input of the information. This is where the dreams come from (and nightmares too).

for monsters: put water into a spray bottle & announce that yo ubought an anti-monster spray. Spray the room before puting the kids to sleep. You can even make a label.

for nightmares: try to have your house calm & read neutural or happy books only.

hope this helps.

supermom

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 2:13 pm
funny yael but chaviva always thinks ariella is taking everything away from her LOL baruch Hashem since I wrote this chaviva stopped getting up at night strange. I started to say hamapil with her and I think that did the trick thanks everyone for there great advice. I also got a laugh about the monster spray Very Happy I will keep that in mind Idea when something scares my kids for no apparent reason.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics