Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Anyone have a easy and showy dessert?
1  2  Next

MommyL

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:02 pm
I want to make a nice easy dessert but it should be showy and pretty, not like a pie thing, more like a mini thing..
Any Suggestions?

Love My Babes

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:13 pm
take diff colors sorbet, let it defrost a little. and spoon into cupcake holders in layers. freeze and it looks so pretty.

cassandra

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:14 pm
Yeah, that one. Invert and drizzle the plate with raspberry sauce.

lamplighter

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:18 pm
do u do cake mix?

pour brownie batter (mix is perfect) into greased cupcake pans.

display with rasberry/strawberry on top, and vanilla fudge ice cream on plate.

all individualized thigns looks better...cupcake pans are my thing!!!

mom7270

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:25 pm
take the mini pastry puff squares (by yitzys I think) smear it with a little oil and sprinkle sugar and cinammon on it. bake till puffy and done. layer it like a napolean one square, whip cream- not the spray, strawberries, square, whip berries and so on... serve with strawberry sauce

MommyL

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:38 pm
Are you reffering to the regular pastry puff squares you can buy in the grocery?
Also, can you please clarify whip berries.

mom7270

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:41 pm
yes, the small ready squares. and you know the reddi whip they have in the freezer- in like a blue container? that one. and berries means sliced strawberries

MommyL

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:45 pm
Ok Thanks. I thought you were saying whip berries, now that I read it again I got it..

mom7270

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:47 pm
no prob. it looks gorgeous- try it

MommyL

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:48 pm
Sure will, its a pity I didnt ask earlier I wouldve made it tonight.. it sounds like a dessert my husband and guest would love..

Love My Babes

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:14 am
hey that does sound good

ss321

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:21 am
my two fancy desserts (I do one in winter one in summer, w/ minor variations)

molten choc cake from duncan hines brownie mix. I put in one extra egg yolk and about 1/2 c sugar and some godiva or something comparable into the mix. makes it more "runny"
you do them in those little souffle cups then invert them.
I serve with a scoop of parve ice cream like butter pecan or honey something like that, and a biscotti cookie on top, make the plate look all nice w/ some confectioners sugar and stuff. looks pretty gourmet and is Super easy takes under 5min to make.
my variation on this is runny choc chip cookies instead. but that takes more time because I make the cookie batter (you know - add flour brown sugar regular sugar margarine vanilla baking powder and eggs to a bowl and stuff). for the runny center I put in extra choc chips in the center of each dish and it makes this delicious center of molten chocolate!

for the summer, I buy fruits like oranges, mangoes, mini pineapples, grapefruit, core the inside (I use it to make smoothies 4 myself!) and then I fill the inside w/ sorbet (store bought of course, not worth the x,effort or $ to make my own), sometimes 1 flavor sometimes I swirl two to make it pretty. top that with frozen berries or something like that, sliced strawberries, and a couple mint leaves. walla.

mom7270

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:26 am
also, any dessert in a martini glass- automatically looks stunning- I take fresh cubed fruits and put them in, top with a big scoop raspberry sorbet looks stunning. also take vanilla ice cream- put in two scoops and stick a viennese crunch in sideways. there are so many things you can do its a worthwhile purchase

ss321

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:33 am
oh mom7270s post reminded me of somehting else that always looks "gourmet"
use exotic fruit - things like starfruit, komquat (no clue how to spell that), lychees, rambutan, those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. garnish plates with them or just serve them in a really pretty bowl, it all of a sudden makes the dessert seem SOO fancy, because you spent an extra five dollars on something unusual. or it could just be something seasonal like dates or pomegranates that arent a "staple" in america. I garnish EVERYTHING w/ pomegranate...salad, meat, chicken, dessert, I love the look .

Clarissa

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:35 am
I have a friend who would serve simple butter cookies, and alongside had strawberries that she had injected (using a syringe) with liquor and dipped in powdered sugar. It looked very pretty and the guests got sufficiently drunk to not be too bored with the butter cookies.

I stole the idea from her one time when I made this blackout cake that was supposed to be brushed with a liquor syrup and I forgot this step, so I shot it full of the stuff.

OldYoung

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:36 am
I posted this in another section but if it helps, here it is again...

Anyway, this one's EASY AND DELICIOUS!!!! looks fabulous- great fri night desert. I keep all of my food in the oven fri night so that it stays hot and shut it off before Shabbos. I keep the desert in there too and it doesn't get hard. Actually, refrigerating makes it hard... So I make it right before Shabbos, let it cool a little, take the cupcakes out of the pan and keep them still in their wrappers. I put them in a 9x13 and put in the oven right before I turn it off. take it out right before serving and it's hot and yummy... anyway.... here goes-

Molten Chocolate Surprise

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (I just use the same oz. of chocolate chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup flour
12 CHIPS AHOY! Real Chocolate Chip Cookies (Lieber's makes great substitute- I think they're called Chip's Wow??- perfect size and texture)
Whipped Cream (garnish, I like vanilla ice cream instead)

PREHEAT oven to 425°F.

Melt chocolate and margarine in large pot. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Beat whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating constantly until well blended.

LINE 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners; spray with cooking spray. Place 1 cookie, upside-down, on bottom of each cup; cover evenly with batter.

BAKE 8 min. or until cakes are firm around edges but still soft in centers. Let stand 1 min. Carefully remove cakes from muffin pan. Invert onto dessert dishes (I do this right before serving instead of right after baking); remove paper liners. Serve with whipped topping.

ss321

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:39 am
OldYoung wrote:
I posted this in another section but if it helps, here it is again...

Anyway, this one's EASY AND DELICIOUS!!!! looks fabulous- great fri night desert. I keep all of my food in the oven fri night so that it stays hot and shut it off before Shabbos. I keep the desert in there too and it doesn't get hard. Actually, refrigerating makes it hard... So I make it right before Shabbos, let it cool a little, take the cupcakes out of the pan and keep them still in their wrappers. I put them in a 9x13 and put in the oven right before I turn it off. take it out right before serving and it's hot and yummy... anyway.... here goes-

Molten Chocolate Surprise

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (I just use the same oz. of chocolate chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup flour
12 CHIPS AHOY! Real Chocolate Chip Cookies (Lieber's makes great substitute- I think they're called Chip's Wow??- perfect size and texture)
Whipped Cream (garnish, I like vanilla ice cream instead)

PREHEAT oven to 425°F.

Melt chocolate and margarine in large pot. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Beat whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating constantly until well blended.

LINE 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners; spray with cooking spray. Place 1 cookie, upside-down, on bottom of each cup; cover evenly with batter.

BAKE 8 min. or until cakes are firm around edges but still soft in centers. Let stand 1 min. Carefully remove cakes from muffin pan. Invert onto dessert dishes (I do this right before serving instead of right after baking); remove paper liners. Serve with whipped topping.

yea this is what I do w/ duncan hines, but it takes shorter becaus eno mixing the ingredients or melting the choc and margarine. its a one bowl kindof recipe that takes about 180 seconds to mix up.

OldYoung

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:48 am
never tried with duncan hines but I should!!! anyway, the recipe is so quick and easy and looks really fancy AND tastes delicious Wink

Lilkingdom

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 7:56 am
Why dont you try the jello fruits. Its very easy and delicious.
Cube three fruits (diff colors)
expl: watermelon, kiwis and pineapple

then boil red jello, take off flame and stir in watermelon pieces and pour mixture into little fancy glass cups (or a bowl). fill 1/3 of the cup and let cool till jello hardens.
Do same with green jello and kiwis and yello jello with pineapple. They look really fancy and refreshing.

amother

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 9:31 am
2 cups peanut butter
1 gallon parve or michip cookies and cream ice cream

defrost ice cream eat peanut butter and mix together pour in a pie crust and on take a choclate bar and with a peeler peel swirls freeze it and serve with strawberry sauce over it

HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND SOO EASY
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics