Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Maarava

src6

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 12:09 pm
Does anyone know what is the youngest grade in Camp Maarava?

mha3484

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 12:17 pm
Going out of 6th entering 7th grade.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 1:38 pm
They have 1 bunk I think for the grade below that

mha3484

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 1:41 pm
As far as I know AMW Girls starts finishing 5th and Maarava finishing 6th.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 1:45 pm
I know girls who went going into 6th but as I said I think it's only 1 bunk, mainly staff kids so only a few spots for others. It's not typical to go or get in then.

src6

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 2:03 pm
Thanks. DD is in 5th grade but she repeated a grade and will be turning 12 already this summer. She is very outgoing, popular, fun and loves sports and I think camp will be very good for her.
My other daughters went to camp at her age, they were coming out of 6th grade. Unfortunately, the camp that my older girls go to started accepting only going into 8th. I don't want DD to have to wait two more years. I am looking for a nice yeshivish camp that she can go to already this summer.
Maybe maarava is an option

mha3484

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 2:08 pm
If she is the same age as the girls finishing 6th and can keep up with them socially I would call and ask if they would take her despite her grade. I think AMW plays a lot of sports and they have a bunk for finishing 5th grade. So may be worth looking into that too.

src6

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 2:30 pm
mha3484 wrote:
If she is the same age as the girls finishing 6th and can keep up with them socially I would call and ask if they would take her despite her grade.

That's a good idea. I want a more yeshivish crowd than AMW. Was considering Bnoseinu but I'm hearing very mixed reviews abt the crowd. We are typical Lakewood family, but simple, not fancy at all.

srbmom

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 2:53 pm
Quote:
They have 1 bunk I think for the grade below that

As far as I know last year was the first year they stopped taking going out of 5th.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 4:48 pm
Just asked my daughter, she said that's correct, they didn't have last year. Didn't know if that's continuing, did you hear that it is?

srbmom

Post Fri, Nov 04 2022, 5:24 pm
I was told last year that they did it so they could have more room for older girls. I don't know what their plans are, but I would imagine at this point they have no reason to change it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps