Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
We need to leave now
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:57 am
A yid with an emotional/mental illness idk what. He was always off. He forced himself into our apartment when I was home alone with my son who was then a baby
He always fights with the landlords
He used someone to pose as himself to get that apartment and he is a drug user I smell it whenever he is there

Last edited by PeanutMama on Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:58 am
All the newspapers have listings- yated, hamodia, Torah times (I think)
Best is word of mouth…

Did you ever eat the food you prepared for shabbos??

Do you or your husband have family nearby who can help you look for something?

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:59 am
Thank you so much for the leads will start to look

hodeez

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:00 am
Please keep a knife or something with you just in case, same for your husband. I have a pepper spray by my front door just in case

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:40 am
hodeez wrote:
Please keep a knife or something with you just in case, same for your husband. I have a pepper spray by my front door just in case

a knife is not a good idea. the attacker can wrestle it from someone and use it against them. And if you do use it - there was a recent case where the person who defended himself was charged, and not the instigator who had a knife. pepper spray lingers and hits everyone who is nearby too but at least it's non lethal... if you have to stay there, better locks for sure.

I'm so sorry OP. NY is awful right now. We have been thinking of leaving the state because of this - the laws do not protect you and me, just the criminal.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:20 am
I feel so bad for the landlord. He can’t just get up and go. He has to sell his house… not easy…

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:17 am
Firstly file for a restraining order now since he threatened you. That way if he comes near you, you just call the police and they need to arrest him. The landlord needs to add serious cameras and a doorbell with a camera and not open it for anyone he doesn’t know. I understand it’s scary and you want to leave right away but it will take a bit of time to find a place and pack up. Also find a therapist right now, you all need to process this and work through it especially your husband or it can have life long effects on him.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:20 am
You should install a cheap camera and heavy locks. Then go back to your apartment. He’s locked up now anyway. When you’re in a better frame of mind you can start looking. Now you’re not in a good place. You’re traumatized. It will take time to calm down.
Just curious if you’re interested in a basement apartment?

Lovable

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 12:00 pm
Sounds really scary!
https://dailyluach.com

Hatzlacha

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 12:18 pm
PeanutMama wrote:
A yid with an emotional/mental illness idk what. He was always off. He forced himself into our apartment when I was home alone with my son who was then a baby
He always fights with the landlords
He used someone to pose as himself to get that apartment and he is a drug user I smell it whenever he is there

Please get a copy of the police report and file a restraining order. Do it now, while you're still listed at your current address, so you don't need to announce your new address on the official document.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 12:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Please get a copy of the police report and file a restraining order. Do it now, while you're still listed at your current address, so you don't need to announce your new address on the official document.

This
Do it ASAP, TONIGHT
Your DH should carry pepper spray and a whistle

Mommy1:)

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:46 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
You should install a cheap camera and heavy locks. Then go back to your apartment. He’s locked up now anyway. When you’re in a better frame of mind you can start looking. Now you’re not in a good place. You’re traumatized. It will take time to calm down.
Just curious if you’re interested in a basement apartment?

with ny cashless bail, it's unlikely he is locked up. do not assume...

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:51 pm
Bh we found a place a few blocks away. I will tell my husband about the restraining order.

The landlord is boarding up the front door so the guy won’t be able to come in and close off the other door with boards too. He removed the locks and the combination thingy motzai shabbos

I want to cry…

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:54 pm
PeanutMama wrote:
Bh we found a place a few blocks away. I will tell my husband about the restraining order.

The landlord is boarding up the front door so the guy won’t be able to come in and close off the other door with boards too. He removed the locks and the combination thingy motzai shabbos

I want to cry…

oh my!

esuss

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:

In matters of personal safety you may be able to keep your current address hidden from public view. Ask the court about this.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:19 pm
PeanutMama wrote:

I want to cry…

Wow… well I’m happy you found a place in literally a few hours!
How will you get your things if the house is boarded up??
Where will the landlord go?

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:07 pm
hugs and hatzlocha op

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:38 pm
PeanutMama wrote:

I want to cry…

May Hashem be with you and may your Mazel turn for the better. ❤️

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:50 pm
Amein thank you!

My husband is really quick and driven bh…
As for packing the landlord will let us in.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 12:42 am
PeanutMama wrote:
Just please send suggestions if sites to look at or which magazines to get if my husband says we’re moving we’re moving

Torah times \ link
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating