Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup course/class, application -cost in lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 11:31 am
I’m thinking of starting makeup for pay, and/or giving lessons in the future; what are current rates for teaching girls how to apply makeup? How many lessons is it, private or small groups?

I don’t feel comfortable calling the ladies who give them because I have no intention to take those classes myself.

Also, what are the rates for makeup artists, per face, how many faces at one time, travel fees or such?

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 11:51 am
Bump

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:33 pm
Hi! I'm a makeup artist in Lakewood. I can try to help you.
Firstly, I'm assuming you didn't take a course, otherwise you'd have a better understanding of how it works.
Do you feel you are good enough without having any training?

That aside, when a girl would purchase her makeup by you for the first time, a basic lesson is usually included for free. If you want to do general lessons you would have to decide on a price.

Rates for makeup artist depend on your experience. You can start at a lower amount while you build up a customer base.
There are no rules for travel rates or a minimum amount of faces - it all depends on what you feel is worthwhile for you at this point.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 1:08 pm
I actually did take courses but not anywhere near lakewood, so that whole point isn’t applicable.

I’d didnt mean to sell makeup; I heard that makeup artists give lessons in application.

Is there some kind of approach to fee schedules that you could advise on? What worked for you, and what didn’t?

Thank you!

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 1:23 pm
There is a huge range, depending on whether they have a “name” or not. The prices are seriously all over the place. I would say think about who your customers would be and then figure out how much they are willing to spend.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 1:55 pm
amother Oak wrote:
There is a huge range, depending on whether they have a “name” or not. The prices are seriously all over the place. I would say think about who your customers would be and then figure out how much they are willing to spend.

Well, I’m thinking about starting with younger clients; that’s why I’m wondering about the rates for those starter lessons. Maybe also ladies who usually don’t wear makeup; and do it for special occasions only.

I can’t quite think how pricing would work backward so to speak… so I want to understand what is the current situation on the market.. anyone please share info you know? I can’t call makeup artists and ask all that..

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 2:50 pm
New and inexperienced makeup artists will start charging anywhere from $35-$45. As you get more experience or build up a name it would go up to $65-$85 for a basic, good MUA. Once they've built up a name and client base they'll charge $100+.

Some travel only for a min. amount of faces, others charge a travel fee. It's really up to you and what works best for you.
I will travel for even 1 face, but I charge a fee so it's worth my time. It's really your decision. There are no rules.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sat, Nov 11 2023, 7:18 pm
Hello. Does anyone know of a professional makeup course in Lakewood? TIA!

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Nov 11 2023, 7:22 pm
Mimi mizrachi

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sat, Nov 11 2023, 7:35 pm
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics