Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Flushable wipes for very sensitive skin. Cottonelle makes me

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 5:33 pm
Itch.
I used to use Scott and they are out of stock for a while.
Anyone know which brand is good and doesn’t use the chemicals that cottonelle does?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 5:46 pm
Burts bees are not flushable, I just put them in the trash. I've reacted to many things so I'm very careful.

I used to get Nice n Easy or was it Nice n Clean at Shoprite, but they stopped carrying it.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 5:51 pm
Thank you.
I would much rather flushable.
Anyone else?

healthymom1

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 6:21 pm
Flushable wipes are known to be terrible for your bottom

Get and install a bidet. We have on all our toilets. So easy to hook up to any toilet. Super clean. Much cheaper and better for your body

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 6:24 pm
healthymom1 wrote:
Flushable wipes are known to be terrible for your bottom

Get and install a bidet. We have on all our toilets. So easy to hook up to any toilet. Super clean. Much cheaper and better for your body

Can you link one you are happy with?

healthymom1

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 6:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you link one you are happy with?

There are so many on Amazon that have thousands of reviews. Just make sure to buy that that’s not mechanical so can be used on Shabbos. We don’t hook up warm waters to ours also so can use on Shabbos.

amother
Trillium

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 6:28 pm
We only use Kandoo wipes - not just the kids.
We're sensitive to many other brands

healthymom1

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 6:30 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
We only use Kandoo wipes - not just the kids.
We're sensitive to many other brands

You should look into how flushable wipes are safe! I can’t wait for my kids to be old enough to use bidet

amother
Wandflower

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 8:18 pm
We have been happy with Walmart flushable wipes for a while.

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 8:31 pm
Kandoo flushable wipes, the “sensitive” which are unscented.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 8:34 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
We have been happy with Walmart flushable wipes for a while.

Same, we use the Equate wipes from Walmart.

amother
Crocus

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 9:50 pm
I've been told by a plumber that flushable wipes are not good for the plumbing and should be thrown into trash too.
We have used aloe baby wipes for sensitive skin. I found it helpful with post partum hemorrhoid pain as well as after an awful stomach virus that left me with a burnt bum

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 9:51 pm
Preparation h makes wipes

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 10:23 pm
I am taking you to please not use any wipes? Or not in the toilet! We just spend thousands of dollars cuz we live in a building and we are the lowest floor. Me and all the neighbors in the bottom have now had to spend over $4,000 and no I'm not exaggerating putting a special thing on our pipes because every single time it backs up in the city it's because of wipes and it backs up into our basements. So because of a few people that don't consider what other people have to go through if they flush their wipes we had to spend thousands of dollars that we could have spent on much other things. So please please please tell me every single person flushable wipes are not really flushable. They do not have to send a great like regular toilet paper or tissues. So please use them but then put them in the garbage that's what we do.

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 5:49 am
There is no such thing as a flushable wipe. All wipes will clog your own toilet and pipes and even if they make it down to the main lines cause horrible balls of waste that municipal sewers have to deal with. If you use wipes you need to put them in a small garbage receptacle by the toilet and just bag and toss every day. There are many companies that make small cans with lids which work well.

The best bidets are the Toto washlets. I have one and it is fantastic. It even has a setting for females which is wonderful for cleaning that area whether it is your period or just a woman's vulva which can get a bit dirty between showers.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 4:16 pm
I am bumping this thread because I would love to know what everyone who wants to use wipes but doesn’t want to flush them do. Do you have a special type of garbage can? I mean the smell….

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 4:20 pm
No flushing wipes here-- we have old pipes, and anyway it's bad for the pipes everywhere, sewers too. We have a trash can with a lid in every bathroom. I line them with plastic shopping bags and I change weekly at minimum, more often if it's full/gross.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics