Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
The New 24 Six App
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 12:33 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
The smartphone looking device argument is one of the saddest arguments. Do you know how many people are walking around with unfiltered flip phones? And nobody thinks twice because it's a flip phone and they've been programmed to think that smartphones = bad and flip phones = good. In my line of work I deal with a lot of older teen boys. A few of them told me that they have unfiltered flip phones. Their rebbeim and parents have no idea that they have internet access. We need to stop worrying about what it looks like and think about what the devices capabilities are.

As far as videos, most people I know in Lakewood let their kids watch videos. Some more often than others. One of the previous posters wrote that she has videos shut off except for special occasions. Everyone else who doesn't want their kids to watch can do the same.

It's time for them to remember that Hashem gave us all bechira. And if so many people are failing to make the proper choices then maybe it's time to take another look at our chinuch, rather than banning things all the time which doesn't end up working anyhow.

Someone told me he was involved with a story of a yeshiva bochur (a Rosh yeshiva's son actually) who had a flip phone, and ended up watching hours of p-rn daily on it. But the flip phone looks so "holy"...
Such stupidity

realsilver

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:54 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
If they cannot do anything on it besides listen to music, then they can't waste time on it.

watch music videos all day?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 3:33 pm
realsilver wrote:
watch music videos all day?

One of the previous posters wrote that she turned off videos. So I guess if you were interested you could also do that.

I dont care if you buy one or not. My point is really that the fact that it seems like a smartphone shouldn't come into the equation. The question should only be if this is a good product for my family. And the same considerations should be made when deciding whether to ban something. Let's go through the actual pros and cons. Let's not fool ourselves that if it looks like a smartphone = bad, looks like a flipphone = good. The question should be, what is this particular device capable of and how will that affect our children.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 3:45 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
One of the previous posters wrote that she turned off videos. So I guess if you were interested you could also do that.

I dont care if you buy one or not. My point is really that the fact that it seems like a smartphone shouldn't come into the equation. The question should only be if this is a good product for my family. And the same considerations should be made when deciding whether to ban something. Let's go through the actual pros and cons. Let's not fool ourselves that if it looks like a smartphone = bad, looks like a flipphone = good. The question should be, what is this particular device capable of and how will that affect our children.

a voice of reason. thank you

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:51 pm
amother Apricot wrote:

Yes I went into settings and turned off the videos.
It’s plays only music now. All types of Only Jewish music that they are enjoying.

I can go into settings and switch on videos for them at different times that we allow.

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Yes I went into settings and turned off the videos.
It’s plays only music now. All types of Only Jewish music that they are enjoying.

I can go into settings and switch on videos for them at different times that we allow.

Looking into this. Is the closing of videos password protected?

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:48 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
Looking into this. Is the closing of videos password protected?

Yes. You need a password to go into settings.

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Yes. You need a password to go into settings.

Thanks

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 3:05 pm
realsilver wrote:
None of this info is true. Tag has nothing to do with Naki radio.
Naki radio is not a video streaming device, you can't compare it to having a smartphone looking device with endless hours of wasting time, video content and podcasts with some choice 'frum' humor. It's 100 percent not about the wifi connection, it's about the content.
I don't support them banning it though. It's not their place to say anything.

The back is deep orange-yellow with a nice symbol of 24six, cannot be mistaken for a smartphone...

amother
Burntblack

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 5:51 am
Can someone that has the device please clarify-is it correct that you only need to connect to wifi once a month (so you can listen to the music outside of your house)? Also, is it compatible with airpods? I'm thinking if I shut off the videos, maybe I could send it with my son for sleep away camp.

momomany

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 6:42 am
[quote="amother Burntblack"]Can someone that has the device please clarify-is it correct that you only need to connect to wifi once a month (so you can listen to the music outside of your house)? Also, is it compatible with airpods? I'm thinking if I shut off the videos, maybe I could send it with my son for sleep away camp.[airport.

it only works when connected to wifi.

it has Bluetooth so you can connect it to speakers, airpods.

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 6:51 am
[quote="momomany"]
amother Burntblack wrote:
Can someone that has the device please clarify-is it correct that you only need to connect to wifi once a month (so you can listen to the music outside of your house)? Also, is it compatible with airpods? I'm thinking if I shut off the videos, maybe I could send it with my son for sleep away camp.[airport.

it only works when connected to wifi.

it has Bluetooth so you can connect it to speakers, airpods.

That’s incorrect. The 24six device only needs to connect to wifi once a month to update. The rest of the time it does not need to be connected at all.

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 6:51 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
Can someone that has the device please clarify-is it correct that you only need to connect to wifi once a month (so you can listen to the music outside of your house)? Also, is it compatible with airpods? I'm thinking if I shut off the videos, maybe I could send it with my son for sleep away camp.

Correct.

momomany

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 6:56 am
watergirl wrote:
That’s incorrect. The 24six device only needs to connect to wifi once a month to update. The rest of the time it does not need to be connected at all.

maybe mine is defective then. does yours work without wifi? I just retested mine and it definitely does not work when not connected to wifi.

btw, it was the best Chanuka present that my children got. the speaker on the device is pretty bad, but it easily connects to our Bluetooth speaker and we have music on all the time!

momomany

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 7:00 am
momomany wrote:
maybe mine is defective then. does yours work without wifi? I just retested mine and it definitely does not work when not connected to wifi.

btw, it was the best Chanuka present that my children got. the speaker on the device is pretty bad, but it easily connects to our Bluetooth speaker and we have music on all the time!

I just checked on the 24six website. they are working to create an offline mode but it is NOT active yet. I hope it goes live soon. My children would love to use our 24six device in the car, on trips etc.
Watergirl - are you sure that this feature works on your device now?

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 7:08 am
momomany wrote:
I just checked on the 24six website. they are working to create an offline mode but it is NOT active yet. I hope it goes live soon. My children would love to use our 24six device in the car, on trips etc.
Watergirl - are you sure that this feature works on your device now?

I have the app on my iPhone but I was going by what I read on their site initially when I started using it. Now I see you are right, they changed it to say the no wifi feature is coming soon. I stand corrected and apologize.

momomany

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 7:13 am
watergirl wrote:
I have the app on my iPhone but I was going by what I read on their site initially when I started using it. Now I see you are right, they changed it to say the no wifi feature is coming soon. I stand corrected and apologize.

Are you happy with the app? wW have it on Android but it is problematic. it shuts off often and won't play in the background when we want to use other apps. We own the 24six device/payer and it is slow to react sometimes (probably built on an old android phone) but it does exactly what it is meant to do and we love that the children have safe access to such a wealth of safe content - music, video, podcasts. (that's my honest review). I was not expecting perfection from a brand new product and we couldn't be happier. It delivers what we expected.

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 7:20 am
momomany wrote:
Are you happy with the app? wW have it on Android but it is problematic. it shuts off often and won't play in the background when we want to use other apps. We own the 24six device/payer and it is slow to react sometimes (probably built on an old android phone) but it does exactly what it is meant to do and we love that the children have safe access to such a wealth of safe content - music, video, podcasts. (that's my honest review). I was not expecting perfection from a brand new product and we couldn't be happier. It delivers what we expected.

I’m OBSESSED with the app!!! It never shuts down when it’s in the background. And they have a great customer service chat rep. For a couple days I had a bug that all of my playlists were disappearing, but also still there, hard to explain. I worked with their customer service rep all via chat, I sent screenshots and everything and within a few days it was fixed. The playlist bug is the only issue I’ve had. A minor issue is that some of the people on there show up only when searched and not as a genre, like Franciska for example shows up when you search her name, but when you click women, she does not show up. But I told them and they are fixing it. Also there was a “women” genre for music like there is for podcasts and it disappeared, they are fixing that also.

I also am seeing new content literally every time I go to the app. it is truly constantly updating. I am finding music and people who I had never heard of before, and who I would not have found through Spotify or Apple Music and certainly not through naki radio (which has been sitting in my closet for over a year now).

momomany

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 6:28 am
For all who asked, the 24six has updated. It is now possible to download songs etc and listen to it offline.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 6:42 am
momomany wrote:
For all who asked, the 24six has updated. It is now possible to download songs etc and listen to it offline.

DD noticed immediately! She ran to tell DH who only got the update email a few minutes later 😄
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics