Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What's your Enneagram number? (POLL)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

What's your Enneagram number?
 3%  [ 7 ]
 4%  [ 11 ]
 5%  [ 12 ]
 12%  [ 29 ]
 7%  [ 18 ]
 12%  [ 28 ]
 1%  [ 4 ]
 1%  [ 4 ]
 9%  [ 21 ]
Never heard of the Enneagram but I'm intrigued and like personality typing systems in general. Might look it up!  
 9%  [ 21 ]
No idea what the Enneagram is and couldn't care less  
 20%  [ 48 ]
I know about the Enneagram but I'm not sure what number I am yet  
 12%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 233

dena613

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:19 pm
Took truity test
I'm mostly 8 3

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:20 pm
DreamerForever wrote:
I sometimes wish I was a two. So I could give without getting resentful. Twos seem like nice kinda folks to me...

Twos in unhealth actually give with a ton of resentment. Only at the healthiest levels do they give for the sake of giving.

steak4me

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:29 pm
taketwo wrote:
Twos in unhealth actually give with a ton of resentment. Only at the healthiest levels do they give for the sake of giving.

What defines healthy?
I just took the quiz and I’m a 2

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:30 pm
DreamerForever wrote:
I sometimes wish I was a two. So I could give without getting resentful. Twos seem like nice kinda folks to me...

Trust me, there is resentment at times. I love giving to my family but get annoyed when not acknowledged for it. I love giving beyond my family - to friends and community - when it's my own idea/ initiative. But often I'm asked to do things that I don't want to do and I find it nearly impossible to say no and so I do find myself giving with resentment in those cases.

DreamerForever

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:31 pm
taketwo wrote:

I know, and it's often not coming from a healthy place: that's why I wrote 'sometimes' Cool .

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:33 pm
steak4me wrote:
What defines healthy?
I just took the quiz and I’m a 2

"Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
Basic Desire: To feel loved
Enneagram Two with a One-Wing: "Servant"
Enneagram Two with a Three-Wing: "The Host/Hostess""

Taken from https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-2

DreamerForever

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:35 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
You left out a poll option- I know what the enneagram is but could not care less what number I am.
People are people, not numbers.
Ugh I hate these personality typing things.

People are not numbers, true. But there is a certain comfort and validation you get from knowing what drives your actions. Realising that you're not crazy or inferior; you were simply created differently.

I think we gotta remember that while people can have things in common with each other-- we are still all so different and unique.

dena613

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:43 pm
Did the personality path test. Came out 82% 8.
I think it's hard to be a female 8 Sad

paperflowers

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 1:32 am
I voted 5 which is what I’ve always considered myself. Then I took a free test and got a 9. From the research I’ve done there isn’t much validity to the categories, but if you see yourself in it I do think it’s helpful.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:26 am
DreamerForever wrote:

Where do you get that from? I'm a two, and I definitely get resentful sometimes. One has nothing to do with the other.

Interesting, about the 4's....my 4 DH got me into this whole personality stuff. Not somewhere I'd have gone myself.

I've heard that people are into "being a 4" and not everyone who says they're a 4 is really a 4. I do believe, based on my reading, that DH is the real deal....

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:28 am
dena613 wrote:
Did the personality path test. Came out 82% 8.
I think it's hard to be a female 8 Sad

Why? I would think that there is so much you can accomplish as an 8.

crust

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:40 am
pause wrote:
Me too. It places people unnecessarily into boxes, and it can very easily be misused and abused for evil purposes.

I have heard this sentiment a lot over the years but never got to see it play out in real time.

How is it abused? Used for evil?

I have only seen people grow and become ok with themselves after reading the book, feeling validated and realizing what their personality traits and strengths are.

crust

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:45 am
I have a hard time typing myself and always felt like I'm a too complex for one number which would make me a 6 but it really didn't fit for many reasons too long for this post.

(Unless someone is interested in having a long authentic conversation about this preferably under your screen names.)

I type myself a 4/5 slash 6.

Many moons ago I spoke to Miriam Adahan about it and she claims that it makes sense and she herself is a 456 also so I kind of calmed down in my never ending search for my perfect personality type.

More recently I found this tritype test website which claims no one is one single type. According to that one I'm a 4,5,8 with a 6 component.

This made me giggle because if you understand the polarity of the Type 4 and the Type 8 its just so unusual for it to coexist in one person but it did clarify things for me and explains my complexity better than the 456 tritype.

Here's a free link to the tritype.
https://enneagramtritypetest.com/

For all of you asking about a simple Ennegram test the Rheti test is a scientific based tool. It does cost 12 dollars though.

https://www.enneagraminstitute.....w_wcB

You're welcome!

Last edited by crust on Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

DreamerForever

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:56 am
crust wrote:
I have heard this sentiment a lot over the years but never got to see it play out in real time.

I have only seen people grow and become ok with themselves after reading the book, feeling validated and realizing what their personality traits and strengths are.

Totally.

unnamed

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:56 am
I just answered 127 questions before being asked to pay for results Crying

DreamerForever

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 10:00 am
crust wrote:
I have a hard time typing myself and always felt like I'm a too complex for one number which would make me a 6 but it really didn't fit for many reasons too long for this post.

(Unless someone is interested in having a long authentic conversation about this preferably under your screen names.)

Many moons ago I spoke to Miriam Adahan about it and she claims that it makes sense and she herself is a 456 also so I kind of calmed down in my never ending search for my perfect personality type.

More recently I found this tritype test website and according to that one I'm a 4,5,8 with a strong 6 component.

Here's a free link-

For all of you asking about a simple Ennegram test the Rheti test is a scientific based tool. It does cost 12 dollars though.

You're welcome!

I'm interested, but It's very close to shabbos here, so it will have to wait.

I understand how 4/5- 6 would work... but 4/5/8?? That intrigues me. Would love to hear more. Good Shabbos for now.

DreamerForever

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 10:08 am
Chayalle wrote:
Where do you get that from? I'm a two, and I definitely get resentful sometimes. One has nothing to do with the other.

Interesting, about the 4's....my 4 DH got me into this whole personality stuff. Not somewhere I'd have gone myself.

I've heard that people are into "being a 4" and not everyone who says they're a 4 is really a 4. I do believe, based on my reading, that DH is the real deal....

It's interesting to hear about the resentment from 2's! I think I didn't express myself well. I guess I envy the kindness and capacity for giving that 2's possess. And their easy-going nature too.

I dunno about others; but I'm the real deal #4 too. For better/for worse, for richer/ for poorer; in sickness and in health Tongue Out

giftedmom

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 10:12 am
crust wrote:

More recently I found this tritype test website which claims no one is one single type. According to that one I'm a 4,5,8 with a 6 component.

This made me giggle because if you understand the polarity of the Type 4 and the Type 8 its just so unusual for it to coexist in one person but it did clarify things for me and explains my complexity better than the 456 tritype.

Here's a free link to the tritype.

You're welcome!

I actually think 4 and 5 are polar opposites in many ways. Yet I’m both and seems you are too. It would explain why since teenagehood I’ve many times felt like two different people. A study in opposites.
I’m very spiritual and very cynical at the same time
Very logical yet also driven by emotion
Etc.

pause

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 10:12 am
crust wrote:

I'll give you two examples:
I've heard someone say, "Oh, she's a x, and I'm a y, so we're never going to get along." As a means of justifying not working on a relationship.

My post that you quoted, when I express this sentiment to die-hard ennegram followers, will tell me, "Oh, so that means you're a z." Which to me is so condescending and dismissive that I can only hold an opinion like that if I fit into some neat box explaining it.

Some people will "type" others and based on that say no to a shidduch. It's the same stupidity as using handwriting analysis as a reason to break off a shidduch. Get to know the person as a whole up close, instead of dismissing them because of the box they belong to.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 10:16 am
pause wrote:
I'll give you two examples:
I've heard someone say, "Oh, she's a x, and I'm a y, so we're never going to get along." As a means of justifying not working on a relationship.

My post that you quoted, when I express this sentiment to die-hard ennegram followers, will tell me, "Oh, so that means you're a z." Which to me is so condescending and dismissive that I can only hold an opinion like that if I fit into some neat box explaining it.

Some people will "type" others and based on that say no to a shidduch. It's the same stupidity as using handwriting analysis as a reason to break off a shidduch. Get to know the person as a whole up close, instead of dismissing them because of the box they belong to.

There are people out there that take a theory and run with it over a cliff. Any and all theories. Surrendered wife, gentle parenting, sod haadam, brain inflammation etc. so they do it with the enneagram as well.
So even if those theories may have some redeeming qualities they give it a bad name.
But I think those people will always find something. There’s a void in them that needs this absolute black n white way of looking at the world.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics