Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Looking for lost relatives after Shoah - Do you know anyone?

klotzkashe

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 9:53 pm
hey all,
Before the Shoah, my grandmother had a sister who went to spend the summer with her uncle in a neighbouring town. My grandmother and her family remained at home, until the Nazis were approaching and they fled to Siberia. My grandmother lived in Bialystok.

The family fled but left my grandmother's youngest sister Genia behind. Her name was Genia Pluskalowski. almost 70 years later - there's no sign of her - no record of her. All hope is pretty much lost.

My mother searches constantly on the internet to see if she can find anything or if anything new crops up. But nothing has appeared.

Do any of you know a woman or did you know a woman by that name? Did you know a woman who had no surviving family by that name?

Do you know of good ways to search for people who were lost?

My grandmother has passed away a few years ago, but she has one remaining sister Rivke who has never had closure about Genia and would welcome knowing ANYTHING..

We have women on here from all over the world and from thousands of Jewish communities - maybe something will come up!

Thanks!
\\
Klotz

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 7:53 am
I would hire a private, I think.

Did you leave an add on that site to search lost people in the Shoah? I don't remember the adress,unfortunately...

red sea

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 10:12 am
I doubt this is of much help but you've heard that the previousy sealed German files are open/being opened and being put on a database (maybe online) s/t like that. Also you didnt mention what country. As far as knowing anyone by that name, I have only heard of one person by that name & I bet a lot of pple on here know her but she looks younger than that.

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 12:54 pm
Israel's reshet alef radio station has a program where they allow people to give names and any details of missing relatives. Often the person being looked for survived and later passed away but you find their children or other relatives.

nishtikeit

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 9:04 pm
Look at http://www.missing-identity.net/mi/ -a sad site about child survivors of the holocaust who didn't know about their past.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics