Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What Ever Happened to Tampa Community?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 7:42 pm
Comment removed

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 7:47 pm
There are families here with young children that send to a play group or the Cheder. The Cheder is in someone's house for right now. Hopefully one day we will have an official building. Everything starts small. Even in Monsey, Beis Dovid started in someone's basement. You have to be patient. For the older kids, there's the Tampa Torah Academy which is a Chofetz Chaim style school.
We officially have 30 full time residents here, with about 100 families that have bought houses to rent out for investments.

I live in Wimauma and will be happy to try to answer any questions.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 8:22 pm
amother Olive wrote:
In Wimauma, there is a small cheder for boys and nothing for girls. In Tampa, there is Tampa Torah Academy.
https://www.tampatorahacademy.org/

Is TTA just for boys?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 9:01 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Is TTA just for boys?

No. It is co-ed for now with plans to split up when it gets larger.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:58 pm
The Chassidish Tampa community is in Wimauma.
There are two shuls one in Sereno community and one in Creek Preserve, these are two separate areas about 20-40 minutes away from each other where chassidish families live. You can search Sereno or Creek Preserve community by D.R. Horton to see more houses. The zip code is 33598.

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:42 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I heard first hand from a donor.... He gave over a million and no sign of seeing it back

This is someone Taussig was famous for doing in Tri state before coming down here. Idk why people fell for it

I see that it was reported already, good! He did what he did end of story and definatly not wort rehashing.

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:02 pm
I don't know why people are waiting for Okeechobee to come about when the Wimauma community is already up and running. The houses in Wimauma are already built, you don't need to wait. There's no $5000 deposit to give to move into the community, like there is in Okeechobee. There's plenty of infrastructure already in place. Kosher food is no problem. There is nothing (yet) in Okeechobee. There's not even roads built yet.
If you want to leave NY to come to Florida, check Wimauma community out.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:59 pm
@Yiddishetuter what type of families are currently living there? I'm considering moving there but we need to get more of a feel of the place.

Also, are the people nice, not just nice, but welcoming and inclusive? is anyone ever left out? I currently live in a place where because I'm not exactly like everyone else, a little more to the cool side, I frequently get excluded from neighborhood plans and the like.

That's why I want to make sure that people in Wimauma are open-minded and super inclusive before I get hurt again.

Thanks!

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:03 pm
We are welcoming, there's a mix of Chassidic families, as well as other types. Why don't you come down for a Shabbos and check out the community? There's kosher air B&Bs available for Shabbos rental www.wavetampa.com

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:21 pm
We were also talking about moving and we're wondering if the homes there are part of an HOA? Can any existing owners answer?

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:59 pm
Yes, there is an HOA

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 10:01 pm
Is it possible not to be part of an HOA and still live nearby?

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 10:11 pm
There are apartments being built that are nearby to one of two developments that the Yidden live in. I don't know if those apartments will have any type of HOA fees or not, but I don't think so because those apartments are rentals, not for purchase. As far as buying a house in one of these two developments, you have to be part of the HOA that governs that particular development.

Shepping

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 10:18 pm
Zillo showed it to be only 75/moth though-is it higher than that?

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 10:21 pm
It's not about the amount of money per se. My husband does not want to be tied to an HOA.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 2:45 am
amother Dill wrote:
It's not about the amount of money per se. My husband does not want to be tied to an HOA.

Why not? My HOA doesn't micromanage us. There are normal common sense rules. I wish they actually did more to enforce the rules because there are a few units in my condo building that don't respect the rest of the building. So they make life miserable for everyone else. I can't imagine if there was no HOA making sure they acted like humans...

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 12:40 am
Does the community have a rav yet?

Yiddishetuter

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 5:26 am
We do not have a Rav yet, soon, I hope

amother
Red

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 11:20 am
Is there bikor cholim in tampa? Currently in need

amother
Electricblue

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:21 pm
How many families live there in total now?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating