Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
I want to start a gemach

ctgal20

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:28 am
It’s for something that’s in great demand. I don’t know how to plan it so I’m not inundated with phone calls because it’ll be more than I can manage on my own. Any ideas how to get the word out there without getting swamped?

DustyDiamonds

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 11:25 am
ctgal20 wrote:
It’s for something that’s in great demand. I don’t know how to plan it so I’m not inundated with phone calls because it’ll be more than I can manage on my own. Any ideas how to get the word out there without getting swamped?

Assuming it’s in a community with online access, there’s software for that!

When I make an appointment for my wig to be washed, I can only choose from the sheitelmacher’s available times. And each time someone makes an appointment, or it’s her off time, those time slots are not available.

Decide how many gowns or folding chairs you’ll stock, what your pickup hours will be, and then put it into software so that people can book online. If their gown or chair of choice isn’t available, they won’t contact you. And if they see that pickup time is only 8-9pm, they’ll make it their business to be at your location at that time!

It’s going to be your responsibility not to make exceptions for people, so that you’re not inundated. If you have a hard time saying no, perhaps hire someone to deal with the customer service part of the Gemach.

ctgal20

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 2:14 pm
DustyDiamonds wrote:
Assuming it’s in a community with online access, there’s software for that!

When I make an appointment for my wig to be washed, I can only choose from the sheitelmacher’s available times. And each time someone makes an appointment, or it’s her off time, those time slots are not available.

Decide how many gowns or folding chairs you’ll stock, what your pickup hours will be, and then put it into software so that people can book online. If their gown or chair of choice isn’t available, they won’t contact you. And if they see that pickup time is only 8-9pm, they’ll make it their business to be at your location at that time!

It’s going to be your responsibility not to make exceptions for people, so that you’re not inundated. If you have a hard time saying no, perhaps hire someone to deal with the customer service part of the Gemach.
this sounds nice but I’m not really looking to invest that kind of money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains