Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Pudding Pie Recipe

mommy24

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 8:26 am
Does anyone have a recipe for pudding pie? Is there a recipe or do I just make instant pudding and put it in a pie crust?

sbs

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 9:19 am
you make pudding, but I don't make instant, regular chocolate pudding, freeze until solid, then I whip up a rich's whip, put in on top and sprinkle with chocolate shavings or curls.

mommy24

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 9:36 am
perfect, thanks!

Amital

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 9:58 am
For pie filling, you usually use less liquid. The sides of the carton have instructions on many of them.

I like to do a two or three layer pudding pie: bottom layer straight pudding, middle half pudding half whipped "cream," top only whipped "cream." It looks fancy, but it really not much more work, and yummy, too.

You can add extracts with the liquid, too, to change up the flavors. I've done chocolate pudding with mint, orange, or raspberry.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 10:14 am
I use instant pudding - 1 package and 1 cup soy milk. Pour into a cookie crust and top with whipped topping. Refrigerate.

bigmomma

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 10:23 am
I don't use the instant, the cooking kind tastes better. I cook it pour it ino pie shell, let cool, refrigerate and later beat up frozen whip (defrosted) with a bit of confectioner's sugar and spread on top. We have it sometimes shabbos morning. Delish!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics