Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Lol! Is this a purim joke??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 9:29 am
We had a very mild winter and exactly on the day when you want be outside this happens!!

A fast-moving storm is expected to move through the area later tonight. A quick accumulation of 1-3 inches of snow is expected to fall in Lakewood, with the precipitation ending toward daybreak on Purim.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 9:38 am
Vnahapoch Hu! It's in the spirit of Purim LOL

hodeez

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 10:18 am
I remember our first purim married my husband painted the snow outside purple 😂

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 10:24 am
My son told me it’s supposed to snow tomorrow (far rockaway area) but I don’t believe him.

Edit: I just looked. It’s supposed to be rain mixed with snow, plus a high of 44°…..like I said….no real snow.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 10:36 am
From NJ101.5: We could conceivably pick up an inch or two of snow/ice accumulation. It is difficult to pinpoint exactly where that will happen — especially since temperatures will be within a couple degrees of the freezing mark. I suspect the best chance for light accumulations will be along and just south of the Interstate 78 corridor. Maybe down to I-195, if it is cold enough. South of I-195, we'll likely see a wintry mix of snow and rain.

Whatever falls will be over by morning

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 10:46 am
a few years ago it was extremely snowy and I thought it would be a quite purim... Nothing stops people from partying... (like 8 years ago)

relaxation

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 10:47 am
looking on google maps I dont see predicted snow

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 1:02 pm
We have a snow & ice warning in the Uk too!

scintilla

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 1:42 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
a few years ago it was extremely snowy and I thought it would be a quite purim... Nothing stops people from partying... (like 8 years ago)

I remember that Purim, it was a blast. I don't have a car but I assume it made that part of Purim (delivering harder), for people walking it was fine. One guy I saw was pulling his daughter & all the shalach manos on a sled!

The irony of this year is that today is basically warm enough to go without a coat but tomorrow we'll be back to coats covering costumes. Oh well it's supposed to be sunny at least, and not so cold. Bh!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 9:56 am
BH it’s not raining or snowing or any combination of precipitation!! It is a glorious 53 degrees at the moment.
A freilechen Purim to all!!
Edit: sorry, I forgot to let my car acclimate. It’s 46° but still stunning.

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

bsy

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:05 am
I went to shul at 635. There was snow on the cars....

happy chick

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:11 am
scintilla wrote:
I remember that Purim, it was a blast. I don't have a car but I assume it made that part of Purim (delivering harder), for people walking it was fine. One guy I saw was pulling his daughter & all the shalach manos on a sled!

The irony of this year is that today is basically warm enough to go without a coat but tomorrow we'll be back to coats covering costumes. Oh well it's supposed to be sunny at least, and not so cold. Bh!

I remember that Purim too. We saw a non-jew had his car stuck in the snow. My husband when ove to help him. I think it's the only year he ever dressed up. The guy was looking at my husband, not really sure if he should trust him. Lol

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 12:28 pm
bsy wrote:
I went to shul at 635. There was snow on the cars....

There was snow on cars when I got up at 8:00, but nothing anywhere else.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 1:42 pm
NOW it’s 53°….absolutely beautiful out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics