Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How stressful is/was your day today?
1  2  Next

How would you describe your stress level today
Absolutely crazy  
 12%  [ 30 ]
Hectic, but I also enjoyed it a lot so it evened out  
 48%  [ 114 ]
I actually had a super calm purim  
 38%  [ 90 ]
Total Votes : 234

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:29 am
Answer the poll please

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:34 am
So far whoever has time to answer the poll had a calm Purim. Not surprising...
Will see what replies we get later on when the stressed ones actually manage to log on.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:43 am
amother OP wrote:
So far whoever has time to answer the poll had a calm Purim. Not surprising...
Will see what replies we get later on when the stressed ones actually manage to log on.
It can also be the ones who answered, like myself, are in israel, and purim is over for most of us, so for me its the calm after the chilled out day. Smile

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:49 am
We're eating out the seuda and it's the first time in 15 years I didn't even have to make anything
Made a mishloach manos that I was able to pack on Sunday, so that was all done
Don't do themes, so my kids wear whatever they want
I went to megilah at 6:30am
And bh I'm lucky to live in a neighborhood where we can walk to almost everyone that we need to go to. My older kids are off on their own the whole day with friends

I've had my fair share of crazy, hectic Purim. Right now we are actually going through some stressful situations with various kids and DH's job is causing a lot of stress. So I'm very grateful to Hashem that He gave me an easy Purim this year

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:55 am
I never was so organized heading into purim as I was this year. Now I know why!

We got a flat tire that upended the day. But because I was so organized, we still got to do the most important things, like getting to teachers, megillah, etc. Thank you Hashem for preparing the refuah before the makkah!

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 2:10 pm
Lonely. I'm post chemo, and am not amongst people. Family is out all day. I have too much time on my hands.

Mindfully

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 2:15 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Lonely. I'm post chemo, and am not amongst people. Family is out all day. I have too much time on my hands.

That's tough. Feeling your pain.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 2:16 pm
Just sat down for the first time in 10 hours. Waiting for my guests to arrive so that we could eat.
My feet kill. It was a stressful day and I stood in my kitchen didn’t go out besides to Megillah.

The day is simply too short .

Mindfully

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 2:17 pm
I was so stressed thinking about Purim. Hardly makes up for the calm day.
Why do I stress so much before, perhaps anxiety?

Now I've eaten all the milk chocolate that came in and I'm working on the cookies, chips and cakes.
The seudah hasn't started yet. After that I'll eat the pareve chocolate.

s1

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 2:30 pm
Calm BH
I worked really hard to go with the flow.
I tried my best not to get aggravated when my husband forgot to do something I asked , also when I spilt something all over the floor, and also when my daughter howled that I wouldn’t let her get an ice cream.
Now we’re more or less all done and all that is left is piles and bags of nash and hopefully happy memories.
I must say it is a lot easier when my kids can deliver most of the mm themselves, and most mms are in walking distance, and I didn’t host the seuda.
When my kids were little I used to be super stressed all day and not enjoy Purim. Today bH I had time to daven and say some tehillim.
Sending love to all those struggling

giftedmom

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 2:37 pm
Trial and error over the past decade taught me to titrate the Purim for myself and the younger kids. Action quiet action quiet action.
We had a calm morning meal, then hit the streets for about two hours, then I headed home with the younger ones while the older ones go where the action is.
Right now they’re napping and soon we’ll go out to another party.
Bh bh bh bh
Purim used to be such an anxious terrible time. Bh I learned to take care of myself and speak up for my needs.

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 2:41 pm
We had a really nice, stress free purim this year bh. I decided to stay home with the baby after I got back from megilla this year, and dh took the kids round to deliver shlach monos.
It meant that I could give ones back to all the kids who came round and called my dh quickly to liase and tell him who he could cross off his list etc.
Then I went out with everyone to visit my friends and parents. It was amazing!
Got home, baby went to sleep so we all relaxed and rested.
We've had the seuda here (UK) had it with family it was a blast and all worked out really well bH. One son is still out spieling, the rest have gone to bed. The house has been more or less tidied up but tomorrow morning the Nash and wrappers will all be out again everywhere 🙄

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 3:24 pm
Went to Magellan
Dh drove kids
1 dd Gave out from home kept me company
I stayed home cooked a little
Said tehilim
Gave 3 neighbors and 1 relative
Had early seudah
Gave matanos levyonim
Done!

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 3:39 pm
Although Iit might I might have voted one of the first two I voted the third
Didn't really have a seudah just a small breakfast with challah in it..

Davened and heard megillah at later time

Went into a room and just read the entire tehilim cashing on the power of tefilah today and that is what I needed the most at this moment..
Said nishmas
Davened again for my needs and spoke to Hashem

Matanos le evyonim was already given before

No one came over to me to give mm or receive and the one person who I had in mind to give had gone away early today , so towards the end of the day I went to shul found one of these poor people collecting tzedaka gave them a few dollars and the MM and put a smile on their face and then again went in (the Ezra's nashim) the shul to daven mincha feeling calm and accomplished and confident that hashem. Is with me

No we didn't get to give 5+ Mm
No we didn't get to make a seudah
No we didn't get to get together with family
I have a lot of needs and am glad that hashem gave us this one day where we can ask and ask without being judged and that is what I needed most in my life at this time
I wish I was able to do the above but in the situation I am in now I can't so I do the best I can and hope Hashem accepted.my service ..

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 3:52 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Although Iit might I might have voted one of the first two I voted the third
Didn't really have a seudah just a small breakfast with challah in it..

Davened and heard megillah at later time

Went into a room and just read the entire tehilim cashing on the power of tefilah today and that is what I needed the most at this moment..
Said nishmas
Davened again for my needs and spoke to Hashem

Matanos le evyonim was already given before

No one came over to me to give mm or receive and the one person who I had in mind to give had gone away early today , so towards the end of the day I went to shul found one of these poor people collecting tzedaka gave them a few dollars and the MM and put a smile on their face and then again went in (the Ezra's nashim) the shul to daven mincha feeling calm and accomplished and confident that hashem. Is with me

No we didn't get to give 5+ Mm
No we didn't get to make a seudah
No we didn't get to get together with family
I have a lot of needs and am glad that hashem gave us this one day where we can ask and ask without being judged and that is what I needed most in my life at this time
I wish I was able to do the above but in the situation I am in now I can't so I do the best I can and hope Hashem accepted.my service ..

I love your attitude!!! May your tefilllos be accepted !

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 4:06 pm
Baked on Sunday, cooked all of the Seudah yesterday, and set the table last night, which ended up being very helpful. I also finished my MM and put them in the car early after megillah. This morning, I started work from home at 8 and then ran out to deliver MM, checking my phone at every stop and answering work emails. I came home and made several work calls and had one Zoom meeting. My guests arrived for the seudah at 2:30 and we finished at 4:45, after which I drove some people home. Came back and talked with my father, cleaned up, checked email for work again, and finally sat down. I'd say it was hectic, but still a nice way of celebrating. Can't believe it's almost time to make Shabbos. LOL

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 4:06 pm
We just got home and put the kids to bed and bh bh I’m so happy I can say it was a calm wonderful day.

Dh and I were anxious beforehand, and really tried to communicate our feelings and what we were worried about. We worked together throughout the day, checking in with each other and making sure we both were being taken care of.

Thank you Hashem for helping us get through it together.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 4:21 pm
Kind of boring. There seems to be a neighborhood ban on klopping this year. One leining allowed literally one second each, and another allowed one one-second klop the first time and then zero klopping the rest of the megillah. On the plus side you could hear every word, mistameh everyone was asleep. Why stay awake if you can't klop?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 4:22 pm
1 kid went out with friends. We discussed drinking, said he must eat and sent snacks. 3 hours later we got a call to pick him up. He drank alot of alcohol at one time and started vomiting (bh he is a bit better. Yes he is drinking water and Gatorade)

Dh wanted to go visit his parents.

Plan was to go as a family. Unfortunately ds couldn't go and I offered to stay behind. Dh got mad, blamed me for not wanted to go. Dh didnt go and now an older dc started blaming me as well for not going.

This is literally a repeat of last year. Actually its been like this once my boys started mesivta.

I prepared a Purim seuda today (leftovers from the party we hosted last night) No one came to the table to eat. I sat all alone.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 4:52 pm
I’m at 71 bottles of wine so far.. but what a beautiful meaningful day.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics