Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Glossy or matte kitchen cabinets

Glossy or matte cabinets
Glossy  
 37%  [ 10 ]
Matte  
 62%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 27

honey bunny

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 3:51 pm
Which do you have?
Do glossy ones show tons of fingerprints? Is matte hard to clean?
If you had to pick fingerprints but easy to clean / no fingerprints but not as easy to clean which would you choose?

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 3:54 pm
You can get matte and very easy to clean. It's not a contradiction. I have that. I have formica. I love love my kitchen. I have a light color.

gande

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 3:54 pm
Are you asking about the laminate ones? Definitely the glossy. It doesn’t really show fingerprint and get very dirty. I would be concerned that mat will be hard to clean and can show dirt even more.

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:41 pm
Matte. Glossy shows every speck. Avoid pebbled, because that is the worst of both worlds.

honey bunny

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:22 pm
Whats pebbled ? Send picture link

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:31 pm
If you get a solid color matte it will show every speck of dirt. Mine is light matte but not a solid color. I never see dirt on my cabinets.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:37 pm
White Wood Grain Cabinet Doors | Nieu Doors
https://www.nieucabinetdoors.com/white-wood/
This is not what I have just trying to give you an idea. Mine is this texture but the grain inside is dark. So technically its a light kitchen but the dark grain camouflages the dirt.

sarah14

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:41 pm
I have Matt. It’s way harder to clean. It’s very easy to wipe down glossy cabinets w just windex. In order for mine to look clean I gotta so it w soft scrub in water w miracle sponge- it’s a way bigger hassle.
I tried spraying a cleaner once but it left specks from the spray; it didn’t clean it. Hatzlacha on ur decision.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:21 pm
sarah14 wrote:
I have Matt. It’s way harder to clean. It’s very easy to wipe down glossy cabinets w just windex. In order for mine to look clean I gotta so it w soft scrub in water w miracle sponge- it’s a way bigger hassle.
I tried spraying a cleaner once but it left specks from the spray; it didn’t clean it. Hatzlacha on ur decision.

I dont find that at all. I absolutely love my cabinets. I wonder if it makes a difference whether it's matte wood or painted wood and formica.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:23 pm
I love my easy to clean white matte wood cabinets

sarah14

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 8:21 am
tweety1 wrote:
I dont find that at all. I absolutely love my cabinets. I wonder if it makes a difference whether it's matte wood or painted wood and formica.

I guess that makes a big difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics