Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How do I deal w tenant above using washer/dryer at 1:30 am?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:43 am
How do I deal with a new tenant above using washer/dryer at 1:30 am, regularly?

I'm ok with it once in a blue moon, if its an emergency.

This is going on regularly and makes my bedroom just below, shake and vibrate.

tia

losingweight

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:45 am
Just nicely tell them that you can hear it and it bothers you. They may not realize that the sound travels down.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:51 am
Am I your upstairs neighbor? Smile

I do this and I also put up with your annoying noises... Everyone tolerates their own noises best.

But Seriously next time it happens tell her kindly.

And go get a noisemaker

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:54 am
Did you try speaking with them?

twizzlers1

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:10 am
They probably have no idea it makes that kind of noise. I would say the 1st step is to tell them and they'll probably stop. I know that nobody lives underneath me and I always put it in a low Before I Go to Sleep so I can put it in the dryer in the morning. While not every day but often enough

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:41 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
Am I your upstairs neighbor? Smile

I do this and I also put up with your annoying noises... Everyone tolerates their own noises best.

But Seriously next time it happens tell her kindly.

And go get a noisemaker

Seriously? It’s not ok to do laundry at that time. A sound machine is not going to take care of the vibrations caused by a washing machine.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:16 am
A machine that's installed properly, shouldn't be making such noise and movement that the downstairs neighbors can hear. Try talking to her that it makes a rukus and suggest that it might not be leveled properly.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:18 am
Is it possible a kid leaks or gets sick or something is going on that needs to be washed nightly?

Rappel

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:18 am
Tell them not to do laundry after 10, or 11, or whatever your set time is

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:42 am
Are these random neighbors in an apt building? Or your tenants? Doesn't make it any more or less ok, just can be handled differently based on the situation.

ETA - I see they're you're tenants. I would suggest telling them that it's not ok on a regular basis. If there is an emergency, it's ok. She probably doesn't realize.

Last edited by happy chick on Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:52 am
It honestly never occurred to me that doing laundry at certain times would bother my neighbors. Tell your tenants. I'm sure they did not realize

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:54 am
Having been a tenant for many years I respectfully disagree. Parties at 130 am no. Laundry at 130 am yes. It’s like the time I was told to please refrain from cooking eggs as the Baal Dirah was nauseous…
Or please serve breakfast in the bedroom the Baal dirah was sleeping. She is probably a super busy woman who is doing what she can when she can

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:57 am
amother Sage wrote:
A machine that's installed properly, shouldn't be making such noise and movement that the downstairs neighbors can hear. Try talking to her that it makes a rukus and suggest that it might not be leveled properly.
The new machines are supposed to vibrate. When I complained about my new machine they said to make sure it’s not near a wall or anything else so it can vibrate in peace.

And if your machine is on top of someone’s bedroom then have some seichel and don’t do laundry during night hours. I know some people have their machine in the bedroom closet. Be thankful you don’t need to shlep to a communal laundry room and look out for your neighbor.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:06 am
amother Taupe wrote:
The new machines are supposed to vibrate. When I complained about my new machine they said to make sure it’s not near a wall or anything else so it can vibrate in peace.

And if your machine is on top of someone’s bedroom then have some seichel and don’t do laundry during night hours. I know some people have their machine in the bedroom closet. Be thankful you don’t need to shlep to a communal laundry room and look out for your neighbor.

Yes, the new machines are supposed to vibrate. But not to the point that it's disturbing the downstairs neighbors. It means that it's not installed or leveled well.

imaima

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:07 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
Is it possible a kid leaks or gets sick or something is going on that needs to be washed nightly?

If you child soils smth in the night, you go and turn on the washing machine right away instead of dealing with the child and going to bed?!

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:21 am
imaima wrote:
If you child soils smth in the night, you go and turn on the washing machine right away instead of dealing with the child and going to bed?!

In between..
Sort child, put in wash, go to bed

imaima

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:31 am
amother Daisy wrote:
In between..
Sort child, put in wash, go to bed

Okay…
Why can’t it wait till the morning?

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:31 am
imaima wrote:

I clean up the child then put everything in the wash, then go to bed.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:32 am
imaima wrote:
Okay…
Why can’t it wait till the morning?

Because the stains can dry out and set. And it stinks up the house.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 11:03 am
Wow I feel inconsiderate. This never would occur to me. I do laundry at the most random times. I'm going to ask my downstairs neighbors if it bothers them.

ETA - machines are in my kitchen not on top of any bedrooms.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics