Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Lining slowcooker all the way up sides w/ parchment paper?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 12:40 am
Hi,
the title says it all.
I use a slow cooker for cholent every week. I spray it with oil spray and it helps a bit, but usually, it needs some good elbow grease to get it cleaned out after shabbos.
Shabbos hagadol - what do I do, I don't want to be washing it out in my kitchen sink, and my bathroom sink is not big enough to sit it in there and scrub it.
Can I line it with parchment paper all the way up the sides?
from a safety perspective, I mean! and will it make it much much easier to clean?
thanks
going anon because I asked too many people this question in real life today but didn't get any definitive answer

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 12:54 am
I do it every week. Cholent does leak through so you won't totally avoid all scrubbing, but overall a lifesaver. I don't know about health issues. I do this because I heard really scary research about the crockpot liner bags.

mikayla18

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:00 am
Why don't you just use a bag?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:54 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
I do it every week. Cholent does leak through so you won't totally avoid all scrubbing, but overall a lifesaver. I don't know about health issues. I do this because I heard really scary research about the crockpot liner bags.

thanks. does it make a big difference to the cleaning?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:55 am
mikayla18 wrote:
Why don't you just use a bag?

I dont like the thought of using plastic liners with my heating appliance. Not sure what scary things a previous poster was talking about regarding the liners, but maybe my gut feeling makes sense!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:21 am
Can you wash it in the bathtub?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 9:37 am
amother OP wrote:
thanks. does it make a big difference to the cleaning?

Yes you can. It does make a big difference with cleaning. But it won't be pristine, will still need to be cleaned just won't be crusted on.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 10:50 am
The easiest way to clean out a crackpot is by filling it up with plenty dish soap and hot water. Turn the crockpot on high and after some time, use a non stick spatula and swipe around, all the residue will come off very easily. Incase there are a tiny few stubborn spots left, use steel wool and it will come off in no time at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking